Simplify The Game

:dracthyr_lulmao:

I’m not even keeping up with the convo anymore but I did a quick scroll and this is funny.

1 Like

Legion without Artifacts is very sad. I will say that’s why I’m hyped for Legion Remix. That expansion is built from the ground-up to support the scaling and fantasy aspects of an “infinite” progression system.

1 Like

It’s in the game for existing players to revisit their favorite content.

It’s also pretty boring to level a bunch of characters in the exact same way. Offering Chromie Time to try other content helps vary your experiences.

Or maybe you play the latest content and think “This Khadgar fellow is pretty neat. I wonder what his backstory is.” and you can meet him in The Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor, and Legion to see the older storylines.

It’s not useless content. It’s optional content.

I hate the fact that the old expansions are literally broken if you try to level up through them now. If you’re going to keep old content in the game, it should at least still be functional. If you build an expansion around Artifact Power or Factions or some other meme gimmick, you can’t just take the gimmick out and expect it to still work as a game. I could not do Legion content because I couldn’t figure out how the Artifact Power was supposed to work only to look up a guide and figure out OOPS! it doesn’t work anymore.

It’s worth saying that part of the problem is Blizzard is scared of removing “evergreen” featues so they’ve started designing cool new features with timed life.

The point is that Blizzard should be adding features that are intended to be evergreen and stick with them if they’re popular and remove them if they’re not. The problem goes back to not wanting to upset people. If Blizzard tells people upfront that they’re expansion features and not game features, then people don’t get invested in them and they’re less upset when they go. Obviously that mindset fails because people still miss them when they’re gone (like Artifacts), but for Blizzard its more risk-averse so they’re probably going to keep doing it.

1 Like

I never even do this with the latest expansion anymore. I just assume it’s some guy that the Gods of Warcraft created ex-nihilo as a plot device and move on with my day. The previous expansions don’t explain it either, you would have to be a Warcraft 2-3 player to understand the obscure reference, because the game itself explains nothing to the player.

I think most everyone agrees that mistakes were made in how Legion, Battle for Azeroth, and Shadowlands handled AP and borrowed power systems.

But that doesn’t justify deleting all the content.

1 Like

Play the easier difficulties :dracthyr_shrug:

See now that’s just… that’s just too logical

It doesn’t justify leaving it broken either… If they really wanted to they could move 100% of the old content to a “Classic” version of the game, with all of the special systems preserved entirely, instead of making you swim through broken content as your first impression of the game.

Yeah, you’re just being overly dramatic. No sense engaging anymore.

There are storytelling mistakes, but not regularly in the dramatic fashion you are describing.

The only way retail has “too much going on” is if you were a victim of FAS and than dropped on the head as a child

I think the problem is the game has way too much outdated content that you have zero reason to be doing still trying to garner your attention.

The quest markers stop being useful when they now signpost everything from “Important catch up gear quest!” to “Outdated content that gives you nothing but wastes hours of your time”

Even the “campaign” icons are no longer indicative of anything important unless you really like watching soap operas.

1 Like

Any other personal anecdotes you want to share about yourself?

Given I don’t find the game complex at all, and not whining on the forums that it takes some effort to play a class or do a higher tier mythic…

I never mentioned any of that, but you do have a vivid imagination.

The questing is too complex for him. You think he’s doing any meaningful end game content?

1 Like

just like you never mentioned leveling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why did you have to bring back this thread? It had finally died. lol

Questing can absolutely be streamlined.

But you’ve moved the goalposts so many times over the course of this thread (for obvious reasons because you don’t actually have a coherent point to make), so it’s impossible to latch on to any actual point of dialogue here.

Maybe go back to the drawing board and decide what you want to actually talk about. Although, if you’re trolling, I’d give it a c+