Silvermoon City RP restore

Not many would understand unless you played on this server. If you ever came onto an RP server they run differently then the other servers. A thing that WrA had what made it really fun was the player base spending all there time and RP in Silvermoon. However now its a waste land and people spend there RP in Org Valley of Honor. There’s a lot of factors to this but the BIGGEST thing that caused its downfall was the unable to see phased players with “WM on/off”. That was its biggest downfall in the hassle of players being phased and unable to turn it on unless you were to go to Org. Blizzard if you can please have the turn on/off feature like Org has to these other capitals it would allow players to return to Silvermoon city and enjoy the RP that once was. It wont be like it used to be that’ll take time but this is definitely a step in helping the server have its uniqueness it once had.

5 Likes

I agree, I wish you could turn WM on and off in any capitol city. It would reduce the whole reason to even have phases and shards since Blizzard is so insistent on funneling everyone into the same two capitol cities and then has to turn on sharding because now its lagging for everyone.

That said, I know your guild is a PVP guild and likely spends a lot of time in warmode but why not RP in non-warmode in SMC to encourage RP and then just flag for PVP if there are attacks? I remember there was a time with significant Alliance griefing on SMC and a lot of people Horde side with the usual Blood Elves are bad rhetoric laughed about it and cheered it on. Which I believed unfortunately helped contributed to the decline in SMC RP.

2 Likes

we have a few members who rp consistently in SMC. I stop by every so often as well, but its a big place lol

i remember rogues being obnoxious in Murder Row. Some belves would flag up to bait you into attacking the alliance, and watch as you get murdered

2 Likes

The Alliance who griefed were stupid because with the Elixir of Tongues, Silvermoon was a great place for cross-faction. Blood elf players tend to be far more receptive to it.

1 Like

This was before elixir of tongues and unfortunately the individuals that grief’d SMC also trolled and grief’d Alliance RP in the same manner. They’d do the usual stuff like spam /s and /y and drop toys and other things on people RPing.

As far as I’m aware they’re no longer around, whether they quit the game or transferred off server or to Horde I’m not sure.

I guess my thoughts on this is it doesn’t matter if the griefers are red or blue it negatively affects the RP community as a whole. SMC was heavily grief’d and now it’s no longer the active hub it used to be. SW would later be grief’d by off server streamers and here we are with a dwindling blue side population.

4 Likes