Silence on Dying Realms - Official Blizzard response when?

This forum is littered with low server population players BEGGING for Blizzard to make changes so that we can keep subscribed and playing the game, and I have seen ZERO response from a blizzard employee. Your customers are furious, with more and more quitting daily. I don’t understand how Blizzard could just be radio silent and farm transfer money while their players suffer. I have 4 level 80s on Skyfury I will probably never play again (because it would cost a small fortune to move them), and I have no motivation to level new ones on more populated realms. I know its more than just Skyfury, and the issue extends across multiple types of realms. They have taken the “massive” out of MMO. If Blizzard plans to do nothing until phase 5 then we deserve to know so we can abandon hope and play something else. Enough is enough.

11 Likes

They don’t owe you anything, you are free to quit at any time. It’s just reality. They also don’t read these forums fyi.

2 Likes

You heard the level 20 Gnome Warlock.
They don’t owe you anything.

2 Likes

People keep paying to transfer at a greater rate than the cost of canceling customers.

Until x is greater than y expect nothing.

1 Like

Blizzard will never correctly manage the servers. Your options are to pay to transfer or quit the game.

4 Likes

I’m with you on this…open free transfers off Skyfury or I am going to unsub as well.

2 Likes

look at how we react when we disagree with anything they do, and you’ll quickly understand.

1 Like

I hear you. On Bloodsail we have had 3 guilds sever transfer in the past two weeks, well at least their main raid teams over to Pagle because what population that is left mostly raid logs. It’s nearly impossible to recruit or find any groups other than the daily H+.

They need to come up with some solution such as cross real lfg tool. Or possible they could actually merge some of the smaller servers together.

I hope they do something, I watch more and more people quit because they are bored with nothing to do.

I agree that it’s time for some realm mergers. People play games differently now. So a realm of 2500 that might have been fine in 2008, is going to feel extremely dead in 2023 with 80% of the players being raid loggers.

C’mon Blizzard, merge some of these servers.

I honestly don’t know what the solution is for RP servers. If they merge you with someone else, the RP side will get watered down to nothing like it is on Grobb. IMO, RP servers should be left alone.

1 Like

you will not get an official response from blizzard until either everyone on the server buys a transfer for their mains or gives up and quits entirely.

Except I’m sure a lot of those players have a 6 month or even 12 month subscription. Or are also playing Dragon Flight with the same subscription.

If they quit, why would Blizzard care of a bunch of players have prepaid subscription time until the end of 2023?

This isn’t new. Blizzard has operated this way for years. You just have not been here long enough to be used to it yet. Give it time.

Honestly, they already had free transfers to here around November so it’s already been watered down. It doesn’t really matter as much anymore the server type with TRP and MRP addons plus with people just talking you can RP on any server.

Tons of people knew classic was going to die out fast. The nostalgia only lasts so long. It’s not blizzards fault and it’s not their responsibility to “fix” your dead server.

it’s been around for 4 years. most games would kill to have player retention last that long without having to release a sequel

2 Likes

What a chode response. You’re GD right they owe us at least a server merge when I pay them every month

1 Like

No, they really don’t

I think it was 4. The problem isn’t raid logging, the problem from what I was hearing is the massive amount of low skilled players in the raiding scene for Ulduar on BSB. Contrary to a common perception, BSB’s population was better at the game than a PVE server like Ashkandi, but all the good players are scooped up into the top guilds and the low population means you get the dregs when it’s time to fill the other 5-10 on your 25’s.

I am opposed to a server merge for BSB because while I’d like to see a greater population of people, it comes at the price of bringing in a less friendly population. One of the main reasons I like BSB is because most of the problems you hear about in WOTLKC are almost non-existent there. The server needs to figure out a way to filter the better players into 25’s and the worse players into their own 25’s. Otherwise, recruiting will just go to the top.

Wrath of the Lich King is kind of a boring expansion, but there’s still stuff to do in the game by revisiting old content to unlock titles, tabards, mounts, etc. Most people don’t seem to care about that or got everything they wanted during pre-patch and in phase 1.

I went from Earthfury to Eranikus… at the start it was great. had like 11k players or something? Now theres 7k total with a 80% horde pop. Now i have to move two toons to a new server, but all the East servers are “Full”. i have to go to a west coast server, which means Atiesh but my ping is in the hundreds… We PAY for this game, we should be able to PLAY it. ive seen FTP games better managed… MERGE THE SERVERS

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.