Silence on AV premades = essentially condoning them?

What a joke. It’s been weeks, people on the forums complain about AV premades every day. Yet Blizz, to my understanding, has made no public acknowledgment that they think it’s an issue. They have, instead, taken measures to counter graveyard camping signaling that when they think they find a real issue they actually fix it pretty quick. This has left me with the sad realization that AV premades are here to stay, and if you want to experience the real AV then your best bet is to actually play the anniversary mode in Retail WoW.

GG Blizz. It’s so cool to find out that the thing I was looking forward to most in Classic (AV) turned out to be a neutered, imbalanced mess. Maybe I just remember it better with rose tinted glasses.

19 Likes

The forum community is not the community at large. It’s maybe 50 vocal people. Alliance agree as well, current AV sucks. We are adjusting though.

2 Likes

If Blizzard came out and said “there is no exploit here,” I’m guessing you wouldn’t exactly be appeased. Why tell you what you already know?: this is allowed.

5 Likes

Why are you mad about premades?

Blizzard isn’t going to change anything. They gave us vanilla for nostalgia as is. If you want balance or quality of life fixes you’re going to have to look at retail.

It was meant to be a low maintenance project for them with low dev interaction because the game has already been created.

2 Likes

We will have to see if anything comes with the phase 3 patch. If that comes and goes, then that will definitely be an admission that they dont care.

I’m getting nothing but a “they dont care” vibe for Classic in general, so I’m not getting my hopes up.

4 Likes

Even if you were 10000000% correct… what exactly do you propose they do?

Is the best fix on their end to disable the ability to que with friends? Restrict the amount of people you can que with?

Im just trying to see your event horizon but the alternatives seem just as bad or worse to some

We need to get clear direction and coordination within our PUGs to do better. I actually have seen much better team play lately from our side and we can salvage most rep even if we lose virtually all the time. Somebody suggested making macros to help give out directions in AV which I agree with.

1 Like

Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?

3 Likes

Unfortunately this is the truth. Remember we signed up for this with ‘warts and all’ so this is what we have.

For better or for worse this is probably the answer. Which to be honest I am fine with. I don’t want them refining everything every other week.

Just let it be :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You all deserve it for phase 2, no one has any sympathy for you guys. You did this to yourself.

2 Likes

Because they are leading to PUGs starting with 10 Alliance vs 40 Horde AVs virtually every single time because they hold a que and then dodge at the last minute which leads to a handicapped start for Alliance PUGs.

2 Likes

No Blizzard has no desire to do anything about this. I tried saying at the beginning I wanted to just group with 4 friends and that never happened. They’ve been silent about this too.

With the mass reporting issue they may end up soing something now but it’s unlikely.

I’ll just be super happy to stop with this grind and play like a normal person again. I feel bad for my guildies who I can’t properly group with anymore outside of raids due to needing to AV solo at all times.

1 Like

They just went out of their way to make a change that never existed in vanilla literally one week ago. Their reasoning was “this would have been changed in Vanilla” … so not changing the ability for only one faction to control their AV composition which was never intended to be possible in Vanilla would be incredibly hypocritical.

3 Likes

Deserve it? lol, retribution is at hand during P5. There will be no mercy.

2 Likes

OP makes a good point. In this no-change Classic game, Blizzard chose to tweak the game to reduce cave camping in AV. A weird issue to focus on in my opinion; but whatever.

If Blizzard has no problem with using a third party application to create premades in AV, they should just say so. Tell us it’s okay. Tell is they don’t consider it an exploit. Most of us would quit complaining about it.

5 Likes

Jesus christ man.

Of all the games out there that have player vs player, you hitched your wagon to this one?

A game that after 15-16 years still has yet to have gotten it “right”?!

The problem here isn’t blizzard. It’s you. Enjoy your constant frustration of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

6 Likes

Deserve it. 100%. Cool.

1 Like

Classic WoW is less than 5 months old, & the implementation of battlegrounds are even less so. :clown_face: