Significant input delay after consecutive globals

Hi again Golrath

You mentioned the Windows update failed. Let’s check some things here:

Type cmd in the Windows search box. Right click on Command Prompt that appears - select “Run as Administrator”

At the Command Prompt cursor type or paste:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (takes a minute - then at C prompt run)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (this and the next command can take awhile)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

*While running DISM using the /RestoreHealth or /ScanHealth, you could notice the process may seem stuck at 20% or 40%, normal behavior. After a few minutes the scan will finish.

Next run the System File Check command. It will take 10 minutes or so.

sfc /scannow (space between sfc and /scannow)

If sfc /scannow finds errors the tool will attempt to repair them. It will print that out. If it prints successful repairs - great. If it prints “could not repair all” - run it again.

The update finished just now, just tried it again and it worked, should I still follow through with that?

Going through them now.

Can’t hurt to run those system file checks. I run them as a matter of routine on my machine.

All of them came back good with no errors. Retested issue in game with both default 400 spell queue window and at 50 spell queue window.

The issue issue currently is much worse at 400 than at 50, but even at 50 gcds are frequently delayed but it does not seem to fall as out of sync as it does with a 400 spell queue window.

It does seem that lowering the spell queue window lessens the issue but does not entirely eliminate it, and I do worry that such a low setting would result in missed casts by creating potential gaps between consecutive casts resulting in significant lost damage over long encounters due to being a gcd locked class.

I will continue to tests spell queue window some more.

Golrath, you and I seem to be experiencing perhaps the exact same issue. I’m keenly interested to know if you find a fix, as of this point we’ve taken the same steps, though my windows update I’m still working on.

I’ll let you know if i find anything also. I know it is infuriating, I am basically unable to do anything but wq. Anything requiring precision is unreliable. I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, but glad I’m not alone.

My game has been locking up and crashing a lot, and having input lag. so i finally did a day’s worth of research as to if when Blizzard removed the system advanced “reduce input lag” setting. perhaps some of you are having issues too.

Rommax
WoW Developer
We had several different settings that were only used by 1 backend. They were all consolidated into the Advanced > Triple Buffering option. Triple Buffering off will be the same as what Fix Lag on was trying to do. The fix lag option mapped well to a DX9 option.

well, it’s true. I couldn’t believe my eyes, my games been crashing and i’m having input lag and was getting pissed they took the option out.
I had “Reduce Input Lag” On. then it was removed and my game was crashing, input lag like crazy. everything i read in the 1,000+ posts in the forums about it.

Triple Buffering turned itself on all by itself. I just turned it off. (Verticle Sync has always been off for me anyway) which technically Triple buffering even if turned on should work without verticle sync no?

Either way, the last days of pain freezes and crashes / lag is fixed for me, just by changing that silly setting i didn’t notice someone turned itself on all by itself after the patch.

I hope this info helps all those out there suffering.