Signed up to be a Boomkin

From a few guides i have read,
You never cast starfire to get into solar.
You always cast wrath to get into lunar ( st/mt) and you only cast wrath inside a CA window on ST.

I love everything that you said. But, this ^… you realize that balance had this years ago when eclipse came out. Players hated it. We felt that we were forced to cast spells based on what the game wanted us to cast based on the pendulum timer making us feel we had no control. Casting wrath when we needed to cast starfire but wrath was “empowered” when it was on that side of the bar. It wasn’t fun. that’s why we have had so many renditions of eclipse, blizzard hasn’t figured out what makes players happy.

IMO, to make it easier for everyone, Dev’s included, the eclipse system should be similar to warrior stances. A solar button that you can switch to and a lunar in the same respect. these stances would not effect your DoT’s, however would affect wrath and starfire. Possibly having additional effects like hitting Solar Eclipse would not just make wrath hit harder but increase haste and Lunar eclipse would increase mastery.

Mastery needs to go back to a simple damage increase. Not this DoT’s need to be applied nonsense,

3 Likes

My personal theory on why the devs changed the way Balance functions is that they wanted to make Druids to do “ticks”, much like Feral has a lot of bleeding damage and Restoration uses heal-over-time.

But yeah, bring back the Boomkins, please.

6 Likes

Imho Force of Nature should’ve always been a Restoration spell, with the Treants casting heals on the lowest health character or something. It fits Resto’s class fantasy far more then Balance.

3 Likes

If resto gets that back, I want my rooting and wrathing treants back. Feral getrs more bleed trees and guardian gets taunt/bleed trees.

1 Like

I actually just like the idea that maybe the spells I cast change visually as the time passes. So idk at the start all of the spells would have lunarish icon and animation(both cast and impact) and when it would alternate to solar it would all change to be more solarish regarding its appearance.

I did not mean that I would like an Eclipse mechanic that will rotate on a fixed timer and actually does determinate whether I’ll have AoE on an AoE pull or impact my dmg negatively and measurably with no way to reasonably circumvent it in any other way. Such mechanic has no place in the modern wow imo, m+ alone rules that out.

I hated SL eclipse too with passion, but at least playing it well felt rewarding before the nerfs. This does not make it any more interesting but still, its not anyway either.

Right now we have an uninteresting mechanic [eclipse] with no rewards basically for playing it well (hell, there is not even anything to play well in it anymore).
I mean lets face it: Eclipse is merely there because devs did not care about this class at all for almost the full duration of beta and in the end when they’ve run out of time, they decided to gut it and leave it there to tick the checkboxes. A work well done I guess.

Legion/BfA empowerments were likable to me and I would like them to return to that iteration or fully reimagine how does wow’s boomkin should look like, but I realize neither are really going to happen mid expansion and even if any, the Legion/BfA revert is more likely so I vote for that.

This may change in 10.0.5, as Starfire no longer gets a crit bonus from Lunar Eclipse in ST.

+1 for bringing empowerments back. I hate having to try and get into eclipse to do max damage in PvP.

1 Like

exactly, we dont even use our mastery fully.

No this was the WoD “fix” for eclipse. In cata and MoP we had to cast to go back and forth, but there was no timer. In cata there was a solar cleave spec. In MoP with enough crit you had so many star surge procs you could go through eclipse without hard casting a single spell if you were lucky.

I want to see the Ralecgos Moonkin action too.

God this thread is exactly what I’m feeling… I leveled and geared the Evoker as much as I wanted to and was about to change to my boomkin but I really didn’t like the feel of it anymore…

Luckily I have my Ele shaman for the big boom feeling… going to play that until they fix Boomkin.

1 Like

I found evoker kind of meh to play, the limited range is what kills it for me. Im playing as feral until the boomie designers finally decide to let us enjoy the class

I don’t know, I’m enjoying it and having a great time with mine. I’ve had this character forever, played it some in Wrath, some in Mists, was Moonkin main in SL s1 for Nathria, came back and went Aff and back to Moonkin for all of DF.

I think the spec is alright once I got it figured out, raids are still hit or miss as I learn the fights, but M+ I absolutely love it. I’ll enjoy it even more on Tues when I finally get my fourth piece of tier.

People enjoy different things, just the way life is. The good thing is we have choices, if we don’t like something, we don’t have to do it.

1 Like

what kills me is they arent even the same mushrooms we had before. BRING BACK REMOTE MINE MUSHROOMS NOT THIS GABAGE VERSION

1 Like

Its not a successful redesign if stellar flare is still in there.

2 Likes

It really does suck, I feel in love with BOOMkin back in WoD. It was such a fun spec to play. Slowly each expansion they have been removing the boom and we are left now as a Ticklekin.

Stellar flare needs to go. Nobody asked for it.

1 Like