Sigh, boosters

so im boosting if i decide to play my 2400 priest with my 1900 rogue friend? maybe, but i’m also having fun with my friend. win or loss

2 Likes

The only thing that irritates me, really. Is the gear disparity. Like I got 2.1 on my DK easy cheesey last season. and now that I put it up its so far behind in last seasons gear

1 Like

how can u be sure?

thats 100% boosting yeah

3 Likes

Because generally speaking, people don’t like to lose and want to project/feel like they can come up with some sort of rationale and logical reason as to why.

As others have mentioned in this thread, there’s no way to know for sure the scenarios were all boosts and it’s illogical to just say “they are boosters” because a couple of buddies decided to play together of varying ratings and skill/gear.

2 Likes

Got to 1790 last night, then faced off against two 1800 teams followed by a 2k booster. Ended up tumbling right back down to 1700. Played for another 3 hours and beat a few more boosters to hit 1800.

The gear disparity is real.

lol at people in this thread pretending boosting does not exist when the majority of Warcraft twitch streams are boosting promos/

“BuT PoSt A ScReEn ScHoT”
followed by
“whats YOUR RATING BRO”

pvp has many issues. Boosting is one of them.
so is a dying player base.
so is balance.
so is gear.
they are all intertwined.

The few elite players that worked out the path between the cracks are trying very hard to maintain status Que, without realizing that its in blizzards and the majority player base interest to change the system to an accessible one.

9 Likes

Claim doesn’t need substantiating you just need to open your eyes.

i too am held back by the 8 intelligence the enemy healer has over me, so unfair

9 Likes

2s isn’t real, if someone in durotar pulls up and goes hey man can you help me in 2s I generally help them because clearly I’m waiting for ques and it’s a good way to warm up.

Again why cry about twos when rating doesn’t award much and yes gearing sounds all fun and dandy in 2s but you can easily push with a good comp in threes easier.

Maybe there were roosters.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

wow that hurt my IQ

You can easily tell a boost. You can tell what kind of gear someone is in based on health. You can also look them up on drustvar.

1 Like

Easier for you to just admit that you suck instead of claiming you lost 90 rating in 3 losses and it’s because people had at most 3-6ilvls on you.

Where did I say that?

After getting so close only to be gatekept by a booster, we lost morale, and ended up losing a bunch of games before finally deciding to take a break. We got to 1800 on our next push, with me playing as an Elemental Shaman that I only just made two weeks ago - my very first Shaman alt.

You honestly haven’t noticed how easy it is to dominate 1600 players with your 3 ilvl advantage? Every character that I’ve reached 1800 on is able to decimate 1600 players with ease.

1 Like

I beat 7 red glad mount peoples yesterday in the 1800s it’s felt good to win vs them!!

Man you’re toxic.

The ilvl advantage does make it a bit easier but honestly beating 1600 players is easy because the majority of them just don’t know how to play. They’re all still just pressing every cd at the start of the match and maybe doing a cc chain or trading defensives properly.

a few are boosters/carries, and they do waste your time

but a bunch are just mixes of geared peeps cuz it is so late in the season

the problem is a total absence of fair meaningful normalizing gear to get started, and in the current meta it really has to be much much closer to the top gear

Should you really be losing at 1900 if you’re a glad? These are the true questions!

there could be other glads playing at 1900… its end of season, most ppl dont give a sxxt about 2s CR