Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community

Hey there everyone,

This is a wonderful idea, getting back to what this game is about: community; not how crappy you can make someone else feel. I've grown rather tired of the rude attitudes when doing random groups, as it helps no one.

I typically am on for heroic/mythic raiding/dungeons or preparing for it, but have been getting more into alts and stuff on the side lately. I'm always down for alt leveling, transmog/achievement runs, or just answering questions. Would enjoy being in a community of good peeps, so feel free to send an invite. :)

btag: Lobotomook#1132
I would love to be a part of this community.

btag: Coriantumr#1291
Hi all,

I've always been a loner on wow and similar games due to anxiety over not living up to others' expectations of performance and the belittling that often follows. I even went so far as to play 5 accounts at once in the past so that I would have an entire dungeon group by myself.

Time and life are short and I would love to find some kind people like you all to play and interact with on wow. I am a tree hugger and an altoholic. Also I am ashamed to admit that I must be getting old or out of the loop as I had to look up what Discord was...

battletag: Treehugger#11490
Discord: Treehugger#4844
BT: wasalive90#1183
Discord: wasalive#6109

Hello folks. I am a returning player, and I too have difficulties finding friends within the game. It was one of my motivating factors in leaving the game in the first place. This post has left me with renewed hope, so I am giving it another shot. I am not very familiar with Discord, but i reckon I'll figure it out along the way. Hope to see yall in game.
Like years' worth of posts from you all, I suffer anxiety around grouping in the game with strangers. I mostly, if not always solo, and though I *want* to group up and run amazing dungeons and see new things, well, the negativity and being yelled at or belittled for not being elite enough, it stops me.

I love playing healers and adore healing people, which yeah, that's some conflict going on right there. I'd love to find a community to group up with, to learn the healing classes again (been gone a few years).

BT: Dragonfly#1584
Discord: Paelae#2864
Just downloaded Discord, havenā€™t really messed with it before. I could for sure use some friends. Iā€™ve been playing for a couple of weeks and Iā€™m having a blast, but Iā€™d love to connect with more people.

Discord: BanJoe2007#0460
Would love to join! I'm not much of a talker but will contribute when I can :)

BT- Raynie#1989
Discord - Raynie#8984
This sums up my feelings about wow exactly, Just started playing again since Cata with a new account.. would love to join the party.
Discord -Veracat#8418
BT- Veracat#11278
I'm going to be both toxic and friendly here

People on the internet can be jerks for no reason.

People who make fun of you on the internet for how bad you are are either complete dummies (they're weak and they blame others) or they have a point. From my experience.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of alt-posting or people who haven't made it to 120 yet. This makes it difficult for me to determine how good someone is and if people are being jerks compared to if the complainer is bad and just makes excuses for the bad feelings of being called out for being bad.

I apologize, but if you are bad, then go look at some YouTube videos to not be as bad anymore. There will be people with learning disabilities I am being mean to, but guess what... I can't do jack across forum texting for them.

For those of you with serious anxiety disorders, sorry. Please go see a doctor and see what you can do, but please keep in mind if you aren't up to snuff, then video games where chat is enabled isn't for you. People are jerks online. If you can't take that, then please leave and find something that which enriches your life for the better.

Oh yeah, go ahead and make fun of my gear. I used to raid hardcore in Vanilla, but since then I've been very casual with the game. I'm just enjoying the time I have with it is all.
I've invited everyone up to this point.

We are still growing and would love to add new friends to our community. If anyone is interested, feel free to add me in-game and/or in Discord.

Cheers,

Worg

btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655
10/11/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Worgbane
Empty friend list, empty btag list, empty guild or no one ever online, uneasy starting conversation. There are way too many to list all the reasons why most of us play alone.

Unfortunately, as most of us know, finding nice people has become a bit of an issue due to the toxic behaviour of a very small portion of the player base. Most of us just stay quiet for fear of getting kicked out by those disruptive kids, or insulted, and so on.

I've started a community on Discord and hoping to find more like-minded people interested in joining us. You know, people who can speak in full sentences, people who don't need to swear every 2nd word, people who can go for hours without insulting others, people who actually like to help out, etc... In short, a nice community.

No need to transfer toons, to reroll, or change anything you do. We get together on Discord to chit-chat (mostly text), or to form groups, to get help or to help out. If you are as bored of playing alone as some of us are, feel free to join us. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of faction, level, ilvl, experience, etc.

Please post your btag in here and I will check the thread regularly to add you. By posting in here, others may also friend you or you can friend some and you'll gather your own list of friends.
If you prefer not putting your info in here, you can contact me directly on btag or in Discord.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon.

Cheers,

Worgbane

@Worgbane
I sent you a request in Discord, since I'm not really one of those people that likes to give my discord or btag info in forums (bad experiences with spam and the like really). This is a really great idea, and one I'm really interested in.

@everyone else
I'm returning to WoW (well, returned really...) after a Hiatus with the xpac but I'm finding myself drifting now... The social aspect is really what I go for most, and even though I tend to play solo most of the time, I'd love to find a guild or community that's active and actually friendly. I'm pretty intimidated by the ones out there spewing ads (I'd love to do casual raiding... but I'm more interested in a social guild and it doesn't seem to be a popular choice).

Mostly - just looking for a nice group to play with. I main Horde, but I'm honestly interested in the Kul Tiran druids so I'm thinking of starting an Alliance toon to grind that rep out, and would love to find an alliance based guild for that. But, anyways.

I love this idea! I've been a part of something like this before, but life caused it to fall through for me. Second times the charm. :S
Tia
Returning hardcore player here after 9 year break, but all my friend and past guild quit the game, looking for new friends and a regular group to do new low level mythic+ just to get my feet wet. Not too impressed with some of the toxic behavior that I've seen while pugging, hoping to meet mature, friendly people to do stuff together.

my bnet id is bubblegumbo#11395 , would like you join your discord community
I just friend requested you in discord worgbane. Falhart#3828 thank you!
Hi everyone,

Another weekend is upon us and what better way to spend it playing your favorite game with friends?

I've just invited the latest posters, but we still would like to grow more. If you are still playing solo, or sitting in an empty guild, no need to be alone anymore.

Join our community, so you'll have more people to chat with and to play your favorite game with.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Worgbane

This is cool. I have a couple 120ā€™s Horde and Alli. Would like more non toxic like minded friends to group with.

Btag Justis#1840
1 Like
As someone whose friends have largely stopped playing the game years ago, this sounds like a pretty awesome group. I'm not overly social, but I do miss playing this game with chill people. I've got toons on both factions, so count me in :)

btag: notanexit#1491
discord: not-an-exit#8407
1 Like
Love this. Never have had many friends IRL play WoW and this sounds like my cup of tea.

discord: BigJessT#7951
1 Like
Itā€™s been a long while for me but I was tempted to jump in and give it another try. Havenā€™t really played seriously since WOTLK; briefly came back when WoD launched but got overwhelmed with all the new changes and got bored playing alone. It felt like a completely different game for me then and it does even more so now. A nice, laid back community sounds like the perfect thing that might actually make me stick around for longer this time. It would be great to see you all and have a chat in-game!

btag: N0ct#1694
discord: n0ct#2080
1 Like

What a great idea - Iā€™d love to be a part of the group! I was lucky enough to have great friends in guilds from Vanilla through MoP, but havenā€™t been able to make any good connections since I started playing again in Legion.

Currently leveling Alliance characters on Aerie Peak and am searching for a new server for Horde (I canā€™t take Area 52 anymore. Just canā€™t.) Would love to meet some new people while Iā€™m searching for new homes! Thanks!

discord: Jaeley#4722
btag: Jaeley#1804

1 Like

Itā€™s Sad,
When u are forced to play alone due to unscrupulous people, latest person i ad into mi real id, did all things a hacker do, started spamming emails to unknown people, during a day i Block more than 100 conversations, 2 He attempted to steal mi accounts. lucky me that i use the autenticator and Norton doesnā€™t have a fail safe. so now the only ones added in mi acc are those that abandoned mi server.Old friends that we spent hrs of fun here .Now a days u run into really disrespectful and annoying people. so now ,itā€™s like been in a tour @ a 3 world country ,Trust no one. Rule of thumb. Sad to say but,this discord deal donā€™t like it either,too intrusive. @least for people that uses a pc for more than playing wow.