Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community

Hi.I'm a returning player looking for people to play with.
BTag-SlowRide#11488
Discord-x grey x#5083
I completely regret reactivating my account. There was no other option when I returned other than to pre-purchase BFA in order experience enough of Legion to decide whether I even wanted to play BFA.

The personal loot system made it utterly impossible to catch up enough in gear to enjoy PVP in the last month of Legion. The prelude to BFA in the form of the World Tree being destroyed, Sylvannas and the wretched horde completely getting away with it, was utter trash. I'd wondered why after 4 or 5 years the player base had taken such a hard turn towards the horde? It's because these moronic, garbage eating developers and writers are bias towards them. There hasn't been an original thought put into Warcraft since WoW came along. These idiots even had to chop up and change a lot of good SL from Warcraft, Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 just to make the lore in the MMORPG work.

Now that BFA is here, and I've been playing it.... you have GOT to be kidding me. I've been denied several mythic groups as a Ret paladin - even though I topped 90% of damage meters - because my weapon wasn't mythic. I've watched 2 mythic dps 2h weapons go to a healer and less than an hour ago, to a tank. The idiots forming the groups just assumed I couldn't keep up with the DPS for a stupid reason. PVP is dumbed down so that any derp can look good as long as RNGeezus is on his/her side. I feel like WoW is just designed for children and retards these days. Seems to be the majority of the player-base. You've got streamers making videos and giving STUPID advice on specs for Arenas, RBGs, etc. Little buddy the only reason you're in a position to even give advice is because of how generic PVP is, and how the skill was just removed right out of it.

Some things never change, though. Terabads still cry about bubble.

Cancel your subs, as I have, this game is garbage.
08/22/2018 01:33 AMPosted by Bryen
I completely regret reactivating my account. There was no other option when I returned other than to pre-purchase BFA in order experience enough of Legion to decide whether I even wanted to play BFA.

The personal loot system made it utterly impossible to catch up enough in gear to enjoy PVP in the last month of Legion. The prelude to BFA in the form of the World Tree being destroyed, Sylvannas and the wretched horde completely getting away with it, was utter trash. I'd wondered why after 4 or 5 years the player base had taken such a hard turn towards the horde? It's because these moronic, garbage eating developers and writers are bias towards them. There hasn't been an original thought put into Warcraft since WoW came along. These idiots even had to chop up and change a lot of good SL from Warcraft, Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 just to make the lore in the MMORPG work.

Now that BFA is here, and I've been playing it.... you have GOT to be kidding me. I've been denied several mythic groups as a Ret paladin - even though I topped 90% of damage meters - because my weapon wasn't mythic. I've watched 2 mythic dps 2h weapons go to a healer and less than an hour ago, to a tank. The idiots forming the groups just assumed I couldn't keep up with the DPS for a stupid reason. PVP is dumbed down so that any derp can look good as long as RNGeezus is on his/her side. I feel like WoW is just designed for children and retards these days. Seems to be the majority of the player-base. You've got streamers making videos and giving STUPID advice on specs for Arenas, RBGs, etc. Little buddy the only reason you're in a position to even give advice is because of how generic PVP is, and how the skill was just removed right out of it.

Some things never change, though. Terabads still cry about bubble.

Cancel your subs, as I have, this game is garbage.

I really have no idea why you posted your rant in my community thread, as it has nothing to do with any of us.

You should have posted this in GD forums for everyone to see...

Worg
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the above rant which has nothing to do with us...

Now let's try to get this thread back on topic.

We're growing and still looking for more nice people to play our favorite game with. Anyone like-minded can join us, bring your friends and families too if you would like. All nice people are welcomed.

Happy adventuring,

Worgbane

btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655
Btag: Muttblood#1970
Discord: smol poetry dad#8386

Returning, hoping to land on my feet and stick around for a while lol
Yes, all of this.

btag: fzero#11384
Now, I have one question about this community.

Are we talking true toxicity here (ie. racism, sexism, threats of violence, yelling for no reason, hurting other people's feelings with intent)?

Or, is this the modern meme usage of toxicity (ie. Being called out a mistake, being called bad at something...when you are bad at it, being criticized for an invalid or incorrect opinion, etc.)

If it is the first, you can always add me with my btag Fireborne#1981. I will never be toxic or mean. I only say "negative" things if there is a reason for it ie. someone makes a mistake and it needs to be pointed out so the person can improve.

If it is the second, I suggest a long hard look at what causing you to believe that criticism of mistakes is a bad thing.
Hey all. Returning to wow from the WoTLK era. My girlfriend and I have been playing and we find that the community has totally changed since then. There is little to no socialization anymore, and when there is socialization, it's usually passive-aggressive DPS pulling 2 groups of enemies and then asking the tank to take aggro. Lol. I would love to get in on this discord and group. Thanks everyone! I would love to PuG with any of you as a tank, healer, dps, whatever. Just looking for some good ol' MMORPG fun which the game seems to be lacking in right now due to the community!

Also, whats up with trade chat? Does no one use it anymore? I saw someone trying to sell something (after the trade chat being dead quiet for minutes straight...) and people were laughing at him saying "lol look at this guy trying to actually use trade chat for trading". What's going on with that?

I'm also looking for a guild. The game is so different now... maybe it's just the one I'm in currently, but a 900+ person guild, and no chat at all going on? No groups playing together? Where's the social aspect? When did wow turn into a single player game :(

Anyway, thanks for making this group! You are doing a great thing by trying to breathe life back into WoW for us older players.

Discord: dilbythevanguard#4315
Bnet: TheRake#1217
I returned after a 3-year hiatus. I missed the last part of WoD and all of Legion. I started watching the Wow videos regarding BfA and I got interested in playing again. I started playing solo a few weeks before leaving, and since I returned last week because my guild isn't active anymore (from time to time someone logs in but at hours I can't be online).

Currently I've been questing in WoD, and I'm planning to quest as much as I can before moving to Legion and then to BfA. It'd be nice to find people to play with and have fun!

BTag: Caliburnus#1254
This is my third return to WoW lol. I also am dismayed to see that a lot of players aren't as social any more in dungeons and all. Doesn't help that I'm shy as well. Just sent a Discord friend invite as "Minute" if you could add me to your Discord. :)
08/24/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Jannaraeth

Are we talking true toxicity here (ie. racism, sexism, threats of violence, yelling for no reason, hurting other people's feelings with intent)?

Or, is this the modern meme usage of toxicity (ie. Being called out a mistake, being called bad at something...when you are bad at it, being criticized for an invalid or incorrect opinion, etc.)

If it is the first, you can always add me with my btag Fireborne#1981. I will never be toxic or mean. I only say "negative" things if there is a reason for it ie. someone makes a mistake and it needs to be pointed out so the person can improve.

If it is the second, I suggest a long hard look at what causing you to believe that criticism of mistakes is a bad thing.

I think both. As far as the latter, if I’m running a dungeon and screwing up a mechanic, I want it pointed out. If the message is “You suck, you are terrible at this game, you should really just go kill yourself”, that’s the sort of toxicity I don’t want or need. Constructive criticism with specific pointers, yes please. General “you suck at this game and life” is exactly the kind of stuff I think this community is trying to avoid.
Heya,

I admit I'm usually put off the idea of looking for new groups because I just don't want to deal with toxicity and drama. I usually keep to myself, and have been guildless for the longest time till recently (and it's only because my fiancé joined the guild first and was part of it for a good few months before I decided I wanted to dip my toes in).

So this sounds like a really cool idea, and I'd like to be part of a community that's laid back and chill for the most part.

BNet: FreeJayFly#1642
Discord: FreeJayFly#9078
08/24/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Jannaraeth

He's talking about the prevalence of "You SUCK. Git gud".
This is a great idea, I'm just coming to this game. We need good people getting together.
Btag: xXKyuzoXx#1653
Discord: xXKyuxoXx#0158
Hi

I hope this is still alive. I am so sick of the rude players with filthy mouths. I have played this game since inception. Just returning after a few years. I have the new expansion and have played it alone ( so what's new) since. I have tried several guilds but had no success. I would like the server name for Discord if there is one.

Smakin#1808
Hi everyone,

I've just invited the last few posters and yes, we are still around and growing. Also started using the in-game community as well.

We're still looking to grow so if anyone is interested in a community like ours, feel free to leave your info in here or to contact me directly. You can also bring your friends and family if they would like to join us!!

Hope to see you soon,

Worgbane

btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655
How did I miss this thread? Last played seriously in 1.12. Played WotLK but didn’t do any end game. Be great to have some nice people to play with as I starred from the beginning and been solo the whole time. FrostFluxx#1609
Hi all,

Just looking to get back to the days of wow when I enjoyed learning new content (dungeon or raid) with others without feeling the need to be perfect from Day 1.

Currently solo grinding rep for the allied races, catching up on achievements, and slowly getting my chars to 120. Missed the later half of legion due to burn out (been playing wow since vanilla) and now looking to just have fun with good relaxed people.

Stay frosty :)

BTAG: Chaos#1873
Discord: Entropy#8512
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I've dealt with far too much negativity and toxicity in this game. It gets way too lonely playing this game. I'd love to join the community!

Armanadon#1259 - battletag
Armanadon#4778 - discord
OK great idea! But how do we get in touch to set up dungeons,raids etc? Is there a Discord server?

Smakin#1808