Should we get a refund for the frequent maintainence?

Well on my end took about an hour to get back in but still wasn’t hours like the OP was trying to say

flips a quarter towards them

2 Likes

It never is, only during patch days like now will it ever be advertised as 8 hours, been like that for many years. Last time I recall a regular 8 hour maintenance that was some times extended to days was way back in Classic, and then we got extended game time.

This whole 1 hour extension that rarely ever happens, might have been a couple of times only in DF, that’s nothing to warrant a refund. If people cannot plan around the same exact time frames for maintenance, maybe they need more fresh air.

2 Likes

Hey Aka guess what , well aware been playing since Van.

I personally never expect a refund because there’s no reason, the ones who do I feel , feel like they are entitled when in reality are not.

To me it’s like people who take Tuesdays off ,especially for a patch knowing there is always probability of it not being up .I do agree ones like that do need more fresh air.

of course not. how ridiculous.

And it has been that way since 2004.

1 Like

No, you don’t. You should read the EULA more carefully since there’s a misunderstanding on your part (which is common, no blame there). However, unlike an Internet Service Provider which often has an availability stated in its contract, “like 99% up-time discounting infrastructure impacts due to natural/man-made events,” the Blizzard EULA doesn’t have such an up-time guarantee. You don’t even own your games–it’s all property of Blizzard and you are paying for access to their on-line service “when it’s available” with no guarantee of up-time.

You’re not alone in thinking your payment is for 100% server access as it’s a common thread (often started by trolls on maintenance days), but it’s simply not true.

Everyone that “buys” a license for the game is explicitly agreeing that you can play “AS AVAILABLE” with no guarantee of monthly/annual up-time %.