Should VDH use the annulet

So do you guys think VDH should use the annulet in raid content? I dont really see how this thing helps me as a tank at all. Ill prob stick to rings with secondary stats.

Sim it then weigh for yourself whether it’s worth losing the stats or not. It’s a huge single target damage boost and at least running it in a few 18-20 just to try it out, seems to be a decent overall boost in AoE with Storm Infused/Desirous Blood/Prophetic over a 418 Crit/Haste crafted ring.

1 Like

Its very worth, especially on a tank. Theres alot of offensive or defensive power you customize the ring for.

1 Like

I’m using the absorb stones, and they are about 20% of my overall M+ healing. The AOE-damage-when-you-get-a-shield stone is about 10%-12% of my overall damage.

They are good.

2 Likes

The stones being buffed so many time already, yes. They are incredibly strong. Did 25% of my healing in a 16 and 8% more damage. Just kinda threw whatever ones sounded good in it too.

you should use it as a dps gain yes, the shielding gems are way to weak and random to be considered if you have proper rotation and timing for vdh. especially if you dont have eggnog ring

Interesting, is that combo that good ? My storm-prophetic-desirous combo does only around 12% dmg.

1 Like

Well according to subcreation it’s for noobs and non-min-maxers. I’m fine with that.

I just ran a HoV. My breakdown is:

• Indomitable Earth Stone (random absorb proc): 10.8% overall healing
  • Gleaming Iron Stone (stand still for 3 seconds shield): 6.2% overall healing
  • Shining Obsidian Stone (aoe dmg when you get a shield): 8.5% overall damage

I’d say that’s respectable.

I’d say this is disputed. It’s more overall healing than Spirit Bomb.

if i have to go farm more gems…because the VDH bean counters suck then im gonna be furious xD

That is pretty respectable for self-healing, however if it’s going to your overheal then it is not valuable at all.

1 Like

It’s an absorb, so it’s never overhealing. It’s “damage prevented” on details - and it’s like 20%+. It’s very good.

2 Likes

Is the run you’re basing Frailty/SpB healing off the same run you ran the absorb ring on? Because it’s likely healing that would have come from Frailty was instead cannibalized by the absorb shield.

1 Like

i mean, its a half patch so it doesnt really matter since its gonna be gone in a few weeks. keep in your your missing a fair amount of secondary stats which can end up being more tanky than shield procs (crit parry chance for example). not to mention it could be cannibalizing’s your frailty healing. but ya, to me i think the most you can get out of this ring is the dps since the synergy of twlight and blood and frost/lighting is really good that allows for crazy overalls

1 Like

Good point. Yes it was.

What’s crazy overalls, ballpark? I haven’t used that stone combination so I can’t really compare.

The absorb shield and damage combo is about 8.5% overall damage. How much more is the pure DPS one?

I see mention of some stones “cannibalizing” frailty healing.

Could someone please explain how that happens? And what stones?

It’s the same mechanic that causes disc priest to “steal” healing from other healers. Any damage prevention (absorb shield) will always be used first to prevent damage. That means that any heals (frailty, healer’s spells, leech, whatever) is not healing you when you are at full health, being protected via the absorb shield.

2 Likes

Got it. Thnx.

And, if I understand correctly, if the absorb shield is taxed/overwhelmed, etc, then the heal mechanics kick in, at least until the absorb fires back up.

Right, this isn’t specific to the stones/ring. This is just how healing works in this game.

If you aren’t missing any health, heals are overhealing.

1 Like

well with twlight, blood, and frost/lighting. its usually your 2nd most damaging ability on details, its rather strong and since lighting was fixed to not ninjapull. i really dont see a reason not to run lighting gem