Should the PLacement of the Pet trainer's be changed?

I know a number of people are willing to do the pet battle dailies on toons they are LVLing while questing. I just think there could be a way to that they could of placed all the trainers, Both to do the questline to unlock the pet Dailies and allow us to deal with them with out having to waste mintes if not hours flying around places like Eastern Kingdom, Kalimdor and the other big Continents that takes time to fly trainer to trainer.

I feel 1 possible setup could be for the Vanilla trainers relocate all the trainers as follows

• Kalimdor Horde pet Trainers get relocated to Thunder Bludd and the Allince onces to Exodar

• Eastern Kingdom Pet trainers get relocated to Silver Moon and the Alliance Pet trainers to Ironforge

• TBC Pet trainers would get relocated to Shatrath

• Wrath Pet trainers to Northrend Exodar

• For the Cata Pet trainer’s I would say have them located Tol’Barad

• MOP Pet Trainers I would place on the Timeless Isle (Since its both a Neutral Spot and there is a trinket that teleports you there)

• WOD Pet trainers I would place where the Asharan BG used to be physically.

• Legion Pet trainers I would put at the Eye of Azshara island thats south of Dalaran on the map.

• BFA I would have the Pet Trainer’s not fully sure where I would stick these one’s

Another Option i COuld think of for Pet Trainer’s is Blizz could just take all the Pet trainer’s with old style Daily system is have all the Horde specific ones Located on Kezan, Alliance Specific trainers Located on The Lost Isle’s and all the Neutral trainer’s located in Deepholme. Im unsure how in this version how to deal with the ones tied to WQ’s.

Final option I could think of is have a Pahsed version of Shen-zin Su where all the Neutral Pet Trainers would be located here including those tied to WQ’s. As for the Faction Specific Pet Trainer’s I would say have Thunder Bluff and Silvermoon have the Horde Pet trainers and Exodar and Ironforge for Alliance pet trainer’s.

The Trainers in their respective areas are there for that very purpose.
I wouldn’t want to see them gone.
A once a month Pet Fair sounds good.

2 Likes

Do you mean pet Fair where we could find them all in 1 spot/location?

1 Like

Yes! a once a month? Pet Trainer Convention.
Maybe by Continent, or World, Affiliation?

What if for those Brand new to Pet Battle’s they have to go to all there Locations in the world, Then once youve done it once all of them have an Instanced area in which all of the Pet trainers would be and have all your alt’s able to go there (least if there of the same faction that got them done). So if you only did it on an alliance only your alliance Alt’s could go there and you would see all the pet trainer’s there. Plus this Instanced area could have it’s own Portal room where the Portal’s take you to the Pet Battle Dungeon’s.

This option could be used for the cencept of the fair.

No complaints to that. Not from me.
Saving time is not the Rally Cry to use while pushing this.

Why stop there?

Might as well put your pet area in SW or Org. Just put it right in the portal room.

And you know what would really save time? If we didn’t have to level pets at all. Just have level 25 pets from the beginning.

And you know what would really save time? Screw all that noise with doing quests or fighting bosses to get pets. Just put all the pets in one giant bag in your pet room in SW or Orgrimmar. That way no one would have to waste their time doing anything. Just open up a bag and grab all the pets you want.

/sarcasm mode off

3 Likes

(grabs my daggers and goes stealth. finds the sarcastic one and kills him)

No, no, no.

Time saving has never been a major aim of this game, and you’re certainly not going to have devs agreeing to spend their time saving time for us.

The tamers belong where they are. Just use the bonus leveling time to level to 60 and get flying, if you want traveling to be easier. Or get a second account so you can fly your lowbies around.

Another option is to leave characters camped at various trainers, so you can just log onto each to battle and gradually level. I have a team of 11 monks permanently camping the Pandaria tamers for when I want to battle them. That way, any time I want to level a pet fast I can in a few minutes.

If you feel like making Horde campers, Vulpera, with their return-to-camp ability, would be perfect for this.

Don’t forget the Darkmoon Faire trainers when it’s up. It’s well worth parking a lowbie there for the duration.

2 Likes

Yep.
Your post pretty much covers it.
It would make for a nice mini-holiday.

If Blizzard grouped up trainers or gave us a bunch of new ones for a mini-holiday, can’t you imagine the flood of forum whines, complaining Blizzard was wasting their time making childish pet battle content?

It might cost them a:

It would be nearly as much fun reading the QQs as doing the event. :wink:

the beauty of doing pet battles is that you get to travel around the world and fight themed teams in the respective zones

if pet battling were just sitting in thunder bludd it would be dull

this is why the BRD pet dungeon is crap too, sure the fights are challenging but its not an experience

2 Likes

You are just 1 type of group of person that plays WOW, the type that doesnt mind all this Travel time. Theres anotehr group of people (rather there for specific things or in general) theres a group of People who would like certain things Closer.

I dont mind the Going to things to get them done, I just see Pet Battles in a Similar light as Secondary Professions where I want to do the least amount of travel for them with max benefit.

I don’t see that much benefit in doing the lower level pet battles if you don’t enjoy them. And for the higher level ones you can camp alts at them.

How about a a variation of the Portal room where it would have a Portal to all the Pet trainer’s and to unlock those portals you’d have to do the Initial questline?