Should the 500 Pound Warrior be able to catch the magical mage?

If I blink twice, I dont think the 500 pound warrior should have the mobility to catch me in less than 2 seconds.

Discuss.

4 Likes

in that outfit? yes

3 Likes

This is my " I make bread while I’m stunned " outfit. Would you like a loaf ?

2 Likes

If he catches you should you survive more than 2 seconds?

1 Like

One would hope. If i die in 2 seconds to a warrior, take my mage card away asap.

1 Like

that sounds like a warlock fantasy

For Warrior, who can be many sizes due to there being many races, nealry every damaging ability has the range of their weapon swing. If they didnt have mobility, range specs would love to kill them, and would every time. Shortly after that there would not be a Warrior who does pvp.

The real question is, if the 200lb axe carried by a Warrior swings into a person wearing cloth, should they be A) perfectly fine, B) mildly inconvenienced, or C) in the graveyard?

None of the above, in pvp there is a careful balance of damage vs available health vs mitigation tools vs mobility to try to provide compelling gameplay that does not usually adhere to what we would consider human physiology or reality. It is a game.

1 Like

sorry, are you having warrior problems as a mage?

1 Like

No warrior problems here. Just recently became a rager due to the non stop gap closers. Rogues, warriors and dont even get me started on demon hrrrrrterrrs.

Not every clas needs a gap closer. Give them spell reflects, immunity or whatever. They dont need to be catching cloth wearing nubs like me from 40 yards away.

Agreed. Prune blink.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this. There should be a nice blance of abilities to create a sweet game flow. But my feeling is that these additional abilities are actually taking away from class fantasy.

Warlocks using portals to escape is part of their thing. No reason what so ever that a DH or Monk should be able to climb a wall to get to them. No reason for a double leap from warriors to close gaps twice. No reason a hunter should be shooting a bow from 70 yards away with super accuracy.

anyway, I just wanted to shed a little thought on my recent game play. take from it what you will.

Lots of folks have made it known that they do not approve of 70 yard or close to range as a possibility for marksmanship, but mm can struggle to flee from most melee. The accuracy thing is kind of an everyone thing, you don’t want to have to aim your frostbolts right? The pathing bugs that make demon hunters and monks able to do things they are not supposed to be able to do is as that sounds, is not intended and should be fixed. I would benefit from warriors being slower, as you would also, but i’m not sure they’re actually too mobile. As a mage I think you can have a slow, you have a knock back, you have 2 blinks, invisibility, going back in time, teleporting yourself to where you were previously, and a snare…and if they touch you at least for about 2 seconds an iceblock. Mages are pretty mobile.

1 Like

Also in a battleground setting, Marksmanship can fare well against a warrior, and demon hunters and windwalker monks always can. All that mobility can’t save a warrior from either of the melee that are great at killing them.

1 Like

These are all good points. My title should have read “melee” instead of just warrior. The gap closing is crazy but it wouldnt be so bad if it wasn’t followed up with continuous snares and stuns.

If you close the gap as a melee, you shouldnt be immune to the defender. This happens way to often. double jump, stun and immune ? nah, its too much right now. Not to mention the damage output from the melee class that just closed the gap.

2 Likes

If super high damage and effective CC is the topic at hand, DH, WW, and a well played Rogue cause me problems too. As far as melee go, the easiest for me to survive or kill would be DK, Ret, and Warrior. Not that they are always easy to kill, but easier that several others.

1 Like

What about a 500 pound Magical mage?

2 Likes

the word you’re looking for is “encumbrance” and when stealing ideas from dungeons and dragons wow left it out.

2 Likes

Warriors don’t weigh 500 pounds?

1 Like

Don’t trade mobility so easily.

Make them waste theirs.

Blast wave, nova, etc.

If arcane, spam surge to slow and create distance (with no combo points).

Can get massive distance like that, plus blink > displacement after they use their mobility (which also heals).

Also alter early, blink to get mobility and alter back get another shimmer charge.

Melee should almost never touch an arcane mage.

3 Likes

Did they skip leg day?

1 Like