Should OCE server separate away from US server?

Many OCE players complain about lagging issues connecting to the US server, and other US players complain about connecting to OCE because of high ping.

Should Blizz just cut the connection?

I also like to have the Oceanic Day-Night time zone, not the same as the US time zone.

I would like to hear you guys opinions

4 Likes

This would be such a good QOL improvement.

3 Likes

Personally would prefer they remain connected, at least in some way.

I’m an oceanic player but I play on a US realm because I really enjoy roleplaying, to be honest! There’s no oceanic RP realms (which is a problem that should be fixed imo) and so my only option is here. I still play at oceanic hours though, so it’d suck to be separated from the US from that point of view. Good to still connect with other Oceanic folks for content.

3 Likes

I think both realms would benefit greatly from being separate, but with a toggle in the group finder. Something that searches both realms for groups, with a warning about reduced performance due to distances.

10 Likes

I would love to have separate grouping options, but the possibility to group with either.

Would love Blizzard to fix the day/night cycle even more. Or at least remove the 1 day cooldown on the Sunwarmed Sand toy so I can change the skybox whenever I choose.

3 Likes

That’s how it is on classic. The major drawback is bgs under 60 are non existent. The same would be applied to any non end game cross server function in retail. A toggle will never be an option. It’s either all or nothing.

1 Like

Cinc is right here.

You can’t have the best of both worlds.
You want them separated but you want them connected when convenient.

That’s not how regions work. The OCE servers exist somewhere in Australia, those servers are part of the Americas cluster so to speak via a virtual link. By removing the OCE servers you are removing the link, which means OCE and US can’t talk to each other in any means. (Like US and EU)

Taking OCE away from the US servers is actually going to affect it more negatively than what is perceived.

• OCE really relies on the US population for queues.

• Removing the Americas from OCE impacts the cost of server keep because those little communities are going to find it hard to find those missing 2-3 people for their heroic groups.

• In terms of % base players from OCE to US servers expect server merges where we just probably have one or two connected realms

• People who have other activities like RP will leave for US servers (cause I’ve only met like 2 other OCE roleplayers)

• If servers get merged into 1 mega realm via connections and the population still can’t maintain the cost/worth of managing the now formed mega server it will be shut down or merged back into US. (I already think that frostmourne and barthilas should be merged together and all the other servers linked together)

It’s really more social norm type of thing for Australia, not a lot of people are interested in the commitment of MMOs in my gaming circles of AU friends.
They want quick and easy fun which is why battle Royale and other things succeed better here.

1 Like

yea, I know that, and I make this post due to connectivity issue in OCE.
TBH, OCE population is enough, except RP.

These servers are such a joke at this point. Was always okay for me Im always running 10ms Home however as of 3 days ago, every rated battleground I enter my MS climbs all the way up to 18000ms and its unplayable. Issue has been raised on Blizzard forums since february 2020 and No reply from blizzard as usual its just become a joke. Only thing I found enjoyable was RBGing and now I cant even do that… Cmon. Insane connectivity issues.

Playing with American Alliance in casual BG’s is disgusting

They have to be the most aggressively casual demographic in WoW

I’m glad they get destroyed, But why should i pay for those trolls behaviour?

OCE servers are caught in a bit of a death spiral though.

OCE population is small and spread out over far too many servers, which necessitates the realms being connected to NA to “boost” population.

Connecting the realms to NA causes noticeable lag for OCE in open world and for everyone in instanced content.

Servers get labelled as “terrible” because we’re zoned with NA and some players quit. Anecdotal but I know at least 5 people who quit near the end of Legion almost solely because the lag made it unplayable.

OCE’s pop has probably shrunk to the point where Barth and Frost could be merged as a megaserver with reasonably equal HvA balance (they deserve each other too) and have one or two outlying servers for the rest of the population

I support this ^^

Love the fact we have OCE servers. I personally wouldn’t play WoW if they were removed from Australia.

That said, a consolidation should happen so the OCE population isn’t so spread out. That is the real issue not the fact they we have a dotted line to NA servers.

The game isn’t dead in OCE by any means and maybe Shadowlands will give it a boost but with some realm consideration the game would thrive much better than it is now.

It would be great to play on a server again where activities are primary based in OCE and there is balance between the two factions.