Should low cr carry be bannable

Low CR RBG is the most toxic PvP that I’ve ever seen or experienced in 13 years (including private TBC and WoTLK with exception of Over Watch that cr is uber toxic). This is what we ahve right now. People(226 itm) loos a bunch of games to down grade their cr. So, it would be eathier for them to carry 3-4 dudes. In other words, should we do one of the following:
1st. Should blizzard ban(1-2 weeks ban) low cr carry, so new plaiers or people who’s trying to gear up their alts could have better experince
2nd. Should keep how it is and keep AFK gameplay (means that 80% of your game time is waiting for invinte in low cr/Raid/Dangeouns wtc.)
Honorable mentions: as a horde plaier it caught my attention that the most toxic servers (on ally side) is Sargeras. They are either do not know how to win without 20 itm adventage or they are angry because we made Ally experience terrible (at the beggining of the expension we used to farm them like crazy =) for 2-3 months)

4 Likes

It’s hard to read what you wrote, but I agree that carries should be banned. Unfortunately Blizzard makes a ton of money on the token sales, so we’re going to be stuck with this crap for a long time to come.

5 Likes

Sorry for that I usually use auto correction (EN is my 2nd language)

2 Likes

Honestly I would love to see carries of all types banned. If you join trade chat in any major city it’s all Castle Nathria gear funnels, 2’s / 3’s for sale, rated BG’s for sale, M+15 for sale.

What’s the point of having achievements in the game if anyone with a credit card can just buy them? Makes everything pointless.

15 Likes

I made a few correction. Did it get any batter?

1 Like

I would love to see boosting of all kinds be banned again. They used to perm ban both boosters and boostees in BC.

Seems like it is breeding toxicity instead of community. Can’t expect players to feel motivated to get better when there is no visibility into what is actually skill and what is a credit card in disguise.

5 Likes

Yes and no, as not all carries are the same.

If they can verify that the players made some sort of exchange and their assistance was paid for, then sure, makes sense. That said, if the definition or a carry is someone from a higher CR playing with people of a lower CR then you inadvertently harm guilds.

As it stands I tend to join social guilds, even though I tend to be more competitive. Saying “ban all carries” means that if, tomorrow, my guild of casuals decides that they’d like to try RBGs and I offer to play with them I’m now liable to be banned.

I’m not doing it for personal gain, I’m not doing it to carry my teammates, and most likely, in the process of helping to teach them how to play, my rating is going to drop because of the inevitable losses.

It’s just a messy business that can’t be handled reactively.

Yeah, I can see why it would be a gray area. I wouldn’t personally classify guild runs as a carry, but then… well how do you even differentiate it. Because guild groups means you must allow btag groups, which leads to carry’s, whether for gold or otherwise. I mostly said that, under the assumption it won’t actually happen. I just don’t see any scenario where it does.

It’s probably too late to do anything about it now. Just feeling nostalgic, I guess. my old raid guild used to get together once a year irl and that was common for other guilds we interacted with. You wouldn’t see that level of integrated community now.

I getcha. That’s more or less when I’ve resigned myself to pugging. It would be easy enough to find a competitive guild however they tend to be less social and actual participation is a competition in and of itself.

Just generally, no matter how much community is built by experienced players mentoring their inexperienced counterparts, there will always be a sizable group looking to work things for personal gain. It’s a touchy subject.

Just get better. Wow we all start somewhere.

2 Likes

You’re literally asking for bans for people who aren’t cheating, or breaking any form of ToS, and calling them toxic (while also trash talking an entire faction/server, and saying you griefed them early in the season to boot). lol

RBG boosting groups aren’t costing you any notable CR, you might run into them once in a while at best, and the way RBG MMR works you can have a negative W/L and still push rating. Not to mention, you always have the option of winning–them being boosters doesn’t mean they win automatically, they actually have to play you and beat your team to win.

Also, someone being 226 ilvl in a 1600 RBG doesn’t automatically make them boosters anyway. A lot of arena players don’t care about RBGs and just hop in them occasionally when they’re bored the same way most of us hop in random BGs. It could just be a group of arena/M+/M raid players playing with their friends.

1 Like

While I agree carries make the game pretty crappy, I think the hardest part will be proving that they are indeed carries. There are numerous circumstances where they could look like carries but they’re just people grinding and/or messing around. My Druid didn’t start PvPing until I was 222 ilevel from M+ gear and I’m sure many people thought I was carrying people but that wasn’t the case; I was just trying to farm up my BiS gear and have fun with my friends.

Likewise, how many people only do Arenas or only do RBGs and suddenly want to switch it up and dabble in the other? Blizzard has no way of determining your MMR without you playing matches to show them how good you are. Realistically I think they need to reintroduce PvP scaling because while upgrades didn’t feel as meaningful, carries were significantly harder to do when skill > gear. Right now however gear can most definitely carry matches and so carries are so widespread because they’re not nearly as difficult as they used to be.

Get rid of rated gating for gear. Problem solved. Gated upgrades are the only reason people purchase a carry. It’s that simple.

5 Likes

Rating needed for gear was never really was a good thing.

This only increased sales for the boosting community which breaks the pvp system that alot of names here are constantly defending for obvious reasons.

The arena and rbg’s already have mounts, titles and special sets. Only activision-blizzard would gate gear behind rating.

both you and the poster above you are forgetting just how profitable arena/RBG boosts are for blizzard. Its probably the one thing that is CARRYING wow right now, making up for all the lost subscription money.

1 Like

I’m betting those token sales are tiny. Why would anyone buy a token for $25 or whatever it costs and trade it for 50k gold when sites online are advertising a million gold for $100?

I have not done carries or been carried myself (yet).

Ive been sorely tempted though

I like PvP

But the games current workings make it so that I cant really enjoy PvP until I endure a ridiculous amount of time gated BS to get to a point where Im playing on a even/competitive playing field.

No, its not fun going up against someone in 220 gear when im in 158 starter pvp gear. Its probably one of the worst experiences in pvp. Doing so earns you little to no actual advancement towards getting away from this happening again and again either.

No, its not fun waiting in the LFG tool for hours and hours because no one wants to joing a rated group with you because you are on a new alt without the “required” rating or achievements.

No, its not fun trying to join other peoples groups via the LFG tool because you keep getting declined over and over and over again for the same reasons listed above.

People want to play and enjoy PvP, but there is only so much crap they can take while trying to do so, before they just say “Screw it” and just look for a way to be carried to a point where they can actually enjoy playing it.

3 Likes

Locking gear “upgrades” behind rating is the same as locking gear as a whole behind rating. I’m all for rewarding rating achievements, there is a plethora of mogs, toys, pets, etc. that you could give to incentivize people to push.

What we have now is a toxic dumpster fire of suck.

3 Likes

they should just make CR gains slower if you’re grouped with a higher rated player. say 1200 is with 2600 then 10 points a pop instead of 20… people would still buy carries but there would be a lot less.

It’s more like 120-160k. And I haven’t had to in a long time because SL showers you in gold, but I’d buy a token here or there when I was getting low because I earn $20 IRL faster than I can make 100k+ gold in-game. As for why I wouldn’t buy from a gold selling site, I don’t want an account ban, nor do I trust those people’s websites.