Should i resub?

Hi, I left in MOP due to some work stuff basically not enough time to play. I see SL is going well, is it good time to come back?

thanks

3 Likes

yea, its not bad, but please make sure you pick a class/spec that is actually powerful in varying content that you enjoy.

do not just decide ‘well this time I think i’ll enjoy demo lock’ or anything silly like that. Play something more fotm.

4 Likes

Use either gold or $15 for sub and $20 for expac and try it. It needs some balancing, but started on release day and still playing three months later.

That depends on you. I’m having fun, a lot of people are having fun. GD is a bad place to ask for opinions though if you want anything other than hyperbolic complaints and meh to downright terrible feedback.

4 Likes

If you go by all the negative naysayers on this forum then you should run away screaming, but the expansion is decent overall.

3 Likes

Yes thanks , that’s why I didn’t read posts, I just made my own haha.

Yes it seems good, I will prob resub for 6 months and get that golden tauren mount

2 Likes

Come in 9.1

1 Like

Sure level through Warlords of Draenor, then Legion, and then BfA to catch up! Plenty of content to do. Btw you can turn off leveling if you need to and want to finish chapters in each zone.

I returned to the game after unsubbing at the end of MoP and have very much been enjoying SL. Sure there are some pain points, but it’s proven to be a fun nostalgic journey and the fantasy of this xpack feels new and interesting.

At the very least, it’s proven to be a fun distraction during social distancing times :+1:

4 Likes

It’s fun at first because it’s new content, but this feeling don’t stay long because of all the chores we need to do in game.

If I didn’t have the need to log in everyday I wouldn’t come back yet. Maybe at 9.1 at earliest.

Only if you find WoW fun. If not, save your money and find a game that makes you smile.

If you want to. Shadowlands is good in the sense that you will always have a Cap, and say “Oh, I am done for today” And after BFA and Legion, is a waird thing to say.

I did.

Honestly, No. wait for 9.1 then come back. The slow drip of content is killing it for a lot of folks.

I would wait until 9.1 to see if they fix PvE gearing at the very least.

And if the last xpac you played was MoP, this is going to be a rude awakening. Instead of valor points, we have a weekly raffle where we buy tickets by doing more activities for more chances at loot. Loot drops in raids are so low it’s depressing

If they fix PvE gearing, this’ll be a decent xpac. If not, I wouldn’t recommend it. Best check in on 9.1 for that reason alone.

Don’t listen to these people, they’re bitter because no one invites them to pugs.
Pick whichever class you like and enjoy the game, you’ve been away for so long that there’s a lot of content for you to enjoy. When and if the time comes where you get stuck at pushing very high end content (M20’s, Mythic raiding, 2.4k+ pvp rating) you will know enough about the game to know whether your class is good enough or not (hint: discipline and shadow are very powerful at the moment).

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty fun. My casual behind can get through most of heroic and perform decently and there aren’t many roadblocks in progress, or excessive timegates.

It’s fun. It’s definitely worth giving a try.

Honestly no.

The game is so far from an RPG right now its just a PVP fest. Either resub in 9.1 or dont buy the 6mo sub off the bat.

1 Like

Grab a token with gold if you can, play through to level 50, if you like it, then spend money on Shadowlands and a subcription. Otherwise, stay away.

No

After 2.1 months of the SL launch, my guild has went from 5 raid groups down to 2 raid groups, the remaining members are 10/10 Heroic. A lot of players left due to how bear bones the expansion is. The loot system is the nail in the coffin for a lot of players leaving.

1 Like