Should I drop Sniper shot?

Everything i’ve seen discussing MM PvP says hunters should have sniper shot. But I don’t see the point. It’s damage is only a little better than an aimed shot. No where near the 60k aimed shot crit. And it can’t hold a candle to Double tap aimed shot or rapid fire.

If you don’t use Aimed shot, what are you guys using in the slot instead? I already use Scatter shot and Hi-explosive trap.

The benefit from Sniper is that’s longer range than your other shots and buffs their ranges for a bit afterwards.

sounds like you are having trouble opening with it. which ill admit is kinda tough at times, and timing it can get messy. but the shot hits for a good amount. so i think it fits perfect with our kit. i open with sniper - double tap - aimed - true shot - rf. that kills most clothies and usually causes most melee to not even want a piece of you in bgs.

So I have been using it incorrectly. I was trying to squeeze it into a rotation. Should I be using rf after trueshot? I’ve been using Aimed Shot for the burst.

I’d stick with Aimed unless you’re keeping good distance or you think your target is gonna flee.

it depends on your traits too. your aimed shot flys right off when in TS but usually by this point the mob is running like heck away from me so RF works better. either that or they have popped a defensive

so squeezing it in the rotation is only necessary when the mob is moving away from you or you are trying to maintain max distance against a caster. so you got to kinda watch the situation develop. IE you open on someone and they move away. u sniper again to keep them in range. u open on a caster and they moved towards you. you keep sniper active so that you can keep moving out of range of their spells while you maintain range. but yea in general don’t use in normal rotation 2 arcanes would do the same damage

sniper is actually good, while aimedshot can do similar damage this is only at above 80% or below 20%, while sniper can be used at any % of health and it has great scaling, ive hit FCs for around 100k with sniper shot before they had stacks. it scales with all damage modifers and mastery. it comes down to being a 10 sec CD greater pyro that you cant kick.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s worth taking at all, armor decreases it’s damage so there is only certain targets it is worth using it on. You need sac and scatter, so that only gives you 1 talent to change out for situations. IMO Ranger’s Finesse, -20% dot dmg, personal dispel are way better options. I’d use it in RBGs that’s about it.

I thought about Scatter myself but the wording confused me, it removes the DoTs on yourself or the target?

target. its a perma 4 sec daze. so any ongoing dmg wont break it just new dmg

All CC’s that break on damage automatically remove dots on your target at the same time it is applied. (It does not remove dots on yourself, but damn that would be nice).

Scatter Shot is essential. The spec can’t function in PvP without it. It is taken by 100% of all MM hunters who PvP. It used to be baseline and obviously it still should be.

Okies, hmm, will look into that then.

really MM is missing one critical ability to be viable in 2s and 3s. rather then a shot like scatter being baseline (which doesnt give us another ability just bakes it in) im thinking it needs to be centered around changing sniper shot. this ability is great but I think the added range it gives has caused the devs to give us less control over all. so to fix this I propose this change which has 2 parts.

bursting shot = 2 charges baseline - its buggy so this actually fixes 2 issues. give it baked in DR so you cannot be knocked back twice within 6 secs.

sniper shot = also concusses target - makes sense - you lose one charge of bursting shot.

there spec fixed. Sniper shot just to me isn’t a pvp arena talent. most arenas any range significance like that and you will be LOS long before any cast gets off.