Should I buy a digital Blizzcon ticket..?

Russian sites exist.

Actually, they’ve stated that Blizzcon operates at a loss.

It’s a freaking virtual goods. This is a poor @$$ reasoning.

It’s also people’s time. The vitual ticket is content, not just digital items for various games.

Just watch them fo free on the tube the day after.

I aint buying one after this china mumbo jumbo

So what? Paying $60 for 3 hours of reveals and 3 days of Korean People doing esport doesnt justify the price.

1 Like

I bought the ticket once and really I thought it was a waste of money since all the important stuff isn’t exclusive anyway.

It’s actually $50. And if you don’t like the price, don’t buy it.

2 Likes

Buy it if you support facsim and censorship.

Yeah won’t buy and still voice out it’s stupid to spend on. Deal with it.

That’s fine. I just think it’s funny. Enjoy speaking out on something that has no affect on anything.

You think you do but you don’t.

If you enjoy that sort of thing And have the free cash then yes.

If not just wait until the town criers come on here and fill us in.

1 Like

No, i never asked for classic.

Me either but it’s there and cost me no extra to play it. I don’t believe you can really counter argue that.

Actually, if they lose money on Blizzcon, especially last year’s Blizzcon, it might be time to reassess. What is buried in the expenses anyway?

Also remember that they jacked up the ticket price.

After they rented more space for it.

You can’t just look at it as losing money though. I mean they do lose money for the event itself, but it’s also advertisement and that is always money well spent :slight_smile:

Blizzcon is what business circles call a ‘loss leader’. You take a loss on one column, to make bank in others. In this case, Blizzcon doesn’t bring in what it costs, but it is a massive hypefest that gets everyone talking about what Blizzard will be doing in the next year.

3 Likes

Which was also only possible after the convention center built more space because of BlizzCon. That might have been part of the same conversation in which the operating at a loss you mentioned earlier was brought up. This, at least, was included in one of Morhaime’s opening speeches.

1 Like

lol. Okay. An estimated 40,000 attendees @ $229 per attendee is $9.2 million. That doesn’t account for the rich or crazy fans who paid $550 for the deluxe access package. Add in the tens of thousands who bought Virtual Pass @ $49. Stupid low-ball guess with no basis of fact 25,000 VP so another $1.2 million. Plus there will be the sale of Blizzard merch. Don’t know if Blizz gets a cut from the convention center concession.

So more than $10 million in revenues (and more than likely much higher). And people still say it’s a loss leader?