Should I buy a digital Blizzcon ticket..?

Why?

I would imagine that most of the protests will be limited to the outside of the building. Security is pretty outstanding at these events so getting something by them and into the actual event to disrupt panels, etc. is probably fairly unlikely.

I bought the ticket because I enjoy watching the panels and other things you can’t find “readily” on YouTube or Twitch or where ever else everyone always seems to think everything is 3 secs after it happens.

You also can’t find my guild’s BYOB Discord Party for the Opening Ceremony and panels that lasts most of the weekend on YouTube so there’s all that nerd-bonding to consider! :wink:

I’d say that you should go-with-your-gut, so to speak. If you want to buy it, buy it (and get some cute little goodies to go with it). If you are too worried to enjoy it this year, don’t buy it. Personally? I’m looking forward to whatever plays out.

You apparently have about zero percent of a clue about how much these types of conventions actually cost the companies that host them. I’d say Less Than Zero.

Those jammies are the best “freebie with purchase” ever! I hope they do more of that. I would absolutely LOVE Murlock jammies!! :blush:

2 Likes

Depends on where you look…
I personally won’t give blizz 50 bux USD

I always really liked watching it live, way more fun than just reading about it on wowhead later.

1 Like

Only if you’ve already purchased your Winnie the Pooh suit.

I feel $50 is pretty steep for a livestream of an event, although I will admit with recent events I am tempted to see what happens with that

In normal situations, I wouldn’t, but then again it’s not my $50 so it’s really, ‘how much do you wanna see Blizzcon in real time’

Unless u want the rewards don’t buy the digital ticket.

There’s always some guy somewhere streaming it anyway or u can watch a recording less than an hour after its over.

I am in debate over it, normally if it had a pretty cool mount or something I would feel more inclined or a Tmog that I actually thought was pretty cool. At this point I think it will depend on what gets announced after the opening ceremony which is accessible to all anyway.

That’s actually a really good plan for someone who is on the fence about it.

Won’t all the good stuff be on MMO Champ or Wowhead? Not like we’re getting a mount. :grimacing:

can I have them? I cant afford the ticket =\

Yeah I have a feeling that it may end up being very Diablo focused should Diablo 4 be announced and I am not a huge Diablo fan at all. I doubt I will ever see a Starcraft thing in the near future but outside of WoW that is really the only other IP of theirs that would get me excited.

Maybe if this Overwatch 2 thing is super PvE focused like some rumors said I could be interested. Additionally if Diablo 4 had drastically made some changes to how it operates, I just do not enjoy the Isometric angle in games outside of some JRPGs.

Honestly? I’ve never bought a ticket or virtual ticket for Blizzcon before, and I’m not about to now.

That said, I don’t know if it will actually be a horror show. Convention centers usually have pretty good policies and staff in place to keep protests off site and prevent them from disrupting the convention itself. You’re likely going to see Blizzard do more of the stream-style Q&A, where they take questions in advance, and then read them off cards instead of doing them live, and other such tactics. So that anyone who actually tries to bring up politics is clearly being disruptive, and can be thrown out of the convention center.

For sure. I get it every year because it is right around my birthday, and since I am generally horrible to attempt to buy gifts for, it’s an easy something that I will enjoy watching. :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

See thats almost the reason I want to buy one. I normally never do.

2 Likes

Ill buy if they decide to add a mount to the ticket

You can get real time updates from mmo champ and other places for free

Aside from people wearing HK shirts there will be little drama. Disrupting the event will lead to quick removal as is their every right.

3 Likes

I mean do ya want the cringy pajamas or nah?

1 Like