Should I buy a digital Blizzcon ticket..?

I mean 50$ to watch Blizzcon on computer, which costs Blizzard nothing really. For 40$ more people would’ve bought too.

1 Like

You’re really paying for the cosmetic stuff. You can watch everything else for free. So the question to really ask yourself is do you want the in-game perks which come with the $50? Cause everything else is fluff.

If you don’t care for the extra items, or feel they’re not worth the $50, then you’ve answered your own question(s).

I’d say no if your not going in person you might as well just wait to hear the news.

While I’ve been a fan for a long while, I’ve never felt the need to go in person or otherwise. I’m happy watching the highlights.

Besides sitting for hours through it all isn’t my thing. I can barely game for an hour without getting bored.

I’ve bought two digital tickets before, with the intention of watching the actual events and not just getting the stuff…

…In that regard, the tickets were a waste of money. The news ends up getting spread everywhere instantly (I woke up like 5 minutes after BFA was revealed, and I saw it on the Blizzard app right away when I got on my PC) and most of the video details end up on Youtube in no time. And TBH most of the events aren’t all that much fun to watch from home and would likely be more exciting in person. Unless you really care about Overwatch/Hearthstone pro games, you’re probably gonna be checking out after seeing the news for your games of choice.

But I have Murkidan and the airship mounts, so I guess it wasn’t all bad.

depends on what you want out of it.
The cosmetics are a good starting point to consider.
If you are in a discord server all watching the event then the experience of getting to be there virtually with others might be worth it.

They also tend to have interesting side panels.
The E sports thing might be another reason if you want certain people to win. like, if you want to be the in the moment and be surprised who wins and not just hear about it.

imo i think it will be worth it, just got to wait and see how much i spend on a different up coming trip.

I do it only because I can pay with WoW gold. Don’t think I’d ever use real money unless there was a really good bonus item I wanted.

What do you mean by this?

You realize that these BlizzCons are typically ran at a loss?

Why not raise the price to 100$ then while we’re at it?

I don’t like most of the stuff that comes with it this time around . Star craft goodies are the only ones I like. Drama is a gamble

I feel the tokens are best used on a three month sub for the next patch.

I can’t justify buying it. It would be funny to see the unrest that’s anticipated, and the items are cool, but not for the price.

there is a likely some sort of chart the explains how certain price points result if fewer people paying as it goes up and vice versa
at about the middle is where the number of of people vs the price results in the most profits.

point is. if it goes up too high it wont offset the lower number of people paying for it. and vise versa if its too low you might get a lot more people but it won’t increase the amount made.

If all you care about is getting the information from the panels/presos then wait or read about it in the game press.

Me, I bought the tickets because attending Blizzcon in person is not in the cards atm so I have to attend virtually.

If you want it and you have the spare cash then I would do it. :slight_smile: That said, if you don’t have the cash, the panels are on youtube relatively quickly. Personally, I like to see things as they are announced, but youtube isn’t a bad way to save $50.

The only reason I had to buy a virtual ticket was to see all the Hong Kong shannanigans. But with the way they were censoring recent Hearthstone streams I’ve lost hope in seeing that. So I’ll just wait for the inevitable YouTube meme fest that is Hordecon-I mean-Blizzcon.

The best place for advice on how to spend YOUR money is… Not here…

blizzcon tickets it would make sense simply because those usually end up selling out fast anyways. Virtual tickets? Well you are just reducing the amount of people purchasing those by raising the price with no benefit.

Lastly Inflation:
is only 2%

going from 40 to 50 bucks is much higher than inflation.

1 Like

I just well… would want the little pets and the pajamas.

:cookie:

1 Like

Buy it for this or the rewards otherwise pass because itll be on yt.

Watch it for free about a day or two later on Youtube.