Should GDKP be banned now?

/shrug I don’t care enough to check on other realms, but on pagle the 213 bracers for example around going for ~1k, T7 GDKP items go for in the hundreds. Same with ulduar items, you can pick up plenty of pieces for the minimum bid which is usually 500-1k, items in that range go for more in the AH.

The normal gear from naxx and ulduar is mostly trash that goes for min bid if it even sells. Those badge bracers cost 3-6 epic gems. no1 wants to buy/sell them.

Thanks for agreeing most items in GDKP’s go for entirely reasonable amounts :slight_smile:

Pagle is the casual dad guild server. Things are going to look very different on Benediction, Faerlina, ect.

but that’s misleading. good items go for tens of thousands

ulduar split for our runs on 25m is 12k+

the pot is over gold cap

Or even hundreds. Some pots have ended up being 50-70k at this point.

Not everyone in GDKPs are buying gold. Some people have likely gotten embedded into the system after using it for a very long time and amassing gold, but it’s take a ridiculously naïve, if not intentionally ignorant, person to think that GDKPs aren’t being influenced by gold buyers.

decks went for 35k the first month Wotlk classic came out.

Thats ok tho, it was a one time buy :rofl:

Greatness decks were being sold for more than 90% of naxx items in week 1.

Footpads of silence were being sold for more than majority of ulduar items week 1 of phase 2.

1 Like

yes exceptions exist

still a ridiculous intentionally misleading red herring argument

99% of ppl buy gold for gdkps

Gonna need some proof of that

What didn’t you see that one click bait you tube video?

Greatness decks were 30k/ea…

Like what???

Greatness decks alone prolly pushing 200+ million in gold sales.

Wants to call out a red herring but fails to show statistics on an opinion stated as fact.

I like it because now everyone who buys gold illegally doesn’t have an advantage over those who don’t. I may spend more, but I can be rest assured I won’t be banned for buying gold to use in GDKP’s. Best change in all of classic so far.

2 Likes

You are free to ban GDKP in your own guild/raid or not go to ones that do it.
:axe:

2 Likes

If you want to fix RMT, lower the gold cap.

Done.

75k gold cap, you’d never need that much without doing big bid gdkps.

Most people are around 25-30k gold. Gdkp players and swipers are above 100k.

You could even go lower to a 50k cap. No gold sinks exist that require more than 30k until MoP. The cata legendary I think is only 15k in vender mats.

How do you do this? Nuke everyone’s gold to the cap. For every “5780” gold, according to the current WoW token. Over that cap, give people $10 blizzard balance or 15 days game time.

The other option is the gold is held in a void space that would unlock during a later expansion when they raise the cap.

How is that a solution, the people who refuse to farm their own gold would still complain about the people who have gold.

I was about to post that also because I can think of several ways to immediate circumvent an official ban to continue the model tho the terminology would change.

Because the reason people buy gold is to obtain a lot of it.

Why do you need 25k gold in wotlk? Primordial Saronite prices? Fixed with a gold cap
A gdkp? 50k gold limit really hinders pots.
Potions? All items would drop in price.

A person who makes 5k a week would be just as well off as the most lucrative gold farmer. Nobody would need to buy gold.

Btw, I’m sitting at over 170k atm. Why? Shadowmourne.

Plus, tokens could be removed.

I don’t think you grasp how impactful reduced gold cap is