Should Alliance players have any say for what happens to important Horde Characters?

I will welcome anyone with an opinion to share, if they are anti-sylvanus, then I shall listen to them, acknowledge what they have to say, agree or disagree with facts behind me, and reach a logical conclusion.

1 Like

You do that. It gets tiring when you’ve done that on 5 different threads this week with the same people making the same arguments.

1 Like

Call it an educated guess not mired in an agenda. Faol not only was a huge name, but was a remarkable individual in life. The very fact that had Anduin not been there, despite his closeness to what amounts to an adopted son, Turalyon would have likely killed him on the spot. Not even giving him a chance to explain himself. Is a remarkable indicator that even these extremely affluential, wealthy, and educated members of humanity’s first reaction is “kill the twisted perversion of my dead loved one”.

If they can’t be entirely trusted with out the Boy King present … how the hell am I to expect the unwashed masses to handle the situation any better?

If you do this, which I’m not saying you even have to… you will be more respectable then anyone gate keeping. But, I wouldn’t grief anyone, it’s not cool. Ergo. Are you keeping WM on at Sylvanas’ gravesite?

I dislike pvp, this is an opinion. :slight_smile:

That’s what I like to hear little guy. Your OP is fine as well, I don’t get the sense you’re turning anyone away, unless I just forgot.

1 Like

It’s actually extremely relevant, given that you’re citing an example from 16 years ago via a character that was killed about 10 years ago and never replaced as a statement of what you believe the standard church doctrine that controls an entire society says.

We can start talking about church doctrine when the church actually bothers to appoint a new archbishop. Until then I’ll point to the fact that the Priest-King of Stormwind is the one who organized The Gathering and he had the full support of his fellow Light-users.

Or I could call it an arbitrary extrapolation despite how it actually turned out and how the story ended up going.

Based on the fact that we saw them handle it.

I’m not sure how all this is supposed to mesh with your constant complaints that the Alliance is completely pure and morally untouchable. If this is the case then it stands to reason that there was not, nor would there ever be, a rejection of the Forsaken.

Maybe humanity in this fictional world, especially the ones that are members of the extremely idealistic superhero faction, should in fact be treated as idealistic examples of humanity. Does it bother you that the game doesn’t conform to your cynical view of humanity IRL?

This is what encompasses your problem as well, so I don’t understand the issue at all being other people, and instead clearly is your expectations.

You guys miss Applebee’s at all?

2 Likes

You seem to have lost the plot of this conversation and replaced it with generic ranting. You said that “Why aren’t the Forsaken Alliance?” was a looming question for a long time.

I told you it’s not really, because all known earliest interactions with the Alliance feature the Alliance wanting to kick their dicks in, and frankly vice versa. We know, and knew, exactly why they weren’t Alliance, it could not have been more obviously spelled out to you.

Most complaints about the Alliance being too nice and good are made with the understanding that they used to not be like that, and a desire to return to that era of writing for the faction.

“The Alliance did X now, that means they could never have done Y in the past” doesn’t really hold up.

10 Likes

Sheesh, what more do you want?!

Alliance has practically the equivalent of the Marvels Avengers in Jaina the powerful Admiral, Anduin the Super Weapon, Alleria as a Void Goddess, Turalyon Champion of the Light, Valen Master Priest, Tyrande Night Warrior and Malfurion Arch Lord Druid! :sweat_smile:

Your leaders ALONE can conquer the Horde and take Silvermoon at this point! :rofl:

EDIT: Sorry it was meant for another post but… I guess it kinda applies too.

3 Likes

The worse thing any creator to do is to listen to fan suggestions on how to create.

Alliance fans should have exactly the same amount of say as Horde fans do…

NONE.

5 Likes

Eatin’ Good in the Neighborhood.

The chain closed down?

1 Like

This. While they were never as rough around the edges as the Horde, there was a time where they were once allowed Edges. However, around the time of Cata, those edges began to slowly get stripped away. In many instances, in some of the most insulated and sheltered ways imaginable. Alliance purity doesn’t feel earned, it feels artificial. And its beyond frustrating as the maintenance of it does negatively impact the Horde. Who in many ways are forced to pick up the slack on “grey” and “flaws”.

2 Likes

I believe the dilemma here is that, while there is logic to the idea of undead being in the alliance, there are conflicting ideals when it comes faction identity. Let’s say you’re Alliance. Blizzard announces playable undead for the the Alliance! would that make people happy? More often I think it wouldn’t. I don’t believe there is a following of people who want to be undead on the alliance (or at least enough of one).

Speaking as an undead, I enjoy being hated. If I’m playing the villain, it’s fun. If I’m the sympathetically misunderstood, it’s intriguing. I wouldn’t have as much fun doing it if I was on the faction I wanted to be hated by.

The earliest known interactions with the Alliance involve the Forsaken rejecting the Alliance actually, which would have been fine had Blizzard not decided to pivot to “true people of Lordaeron who just want to be humans with skin conditions” around Cataclysm, which is why the question can be applied retroactively.

Not to mention that we have new lore now that says that after TFT the Forsaken and the Alliance basically didn’t interact at all except for all the kill-squads Sylvanas sent south into human lands.

Except in a lot of those cases those perceptions of how the Alliance “used to be” are based entirely on either uninformed perceptions of speculation.

Case in point, “the Alliance rejected the Forsaken.” It was originally speculation (that was actually contrary to what we were shown in TFT) that eventually became considered by much of the community to simply be a fact when it was never factual.

The Alliance’s writing circa WC1 and WC2, you know, the times when the series basic structure was created? They were absolutely the lily white good guys. Good vs. Evil is the basis for the entire Warcraft franchise. This “grey Alliance” era that people pine for never really existed.

Based on what one sees by looking at the Alliance RP community, this is super duper wrong.

Worst case scenario is that Alliance players don’t really care, in which case Blizzard has still resolved the narrative schism in the Forsaken.

And what about WC3? If I understand correctly, it was the biggest success of the series, and I don’t know why you’d exclude that. Wasn’t the alliance depicted as more flawed and tragic in general there? They weren’t villainous, just greyer when compared to before. Same with the horde. Of all the RTS games to emulate for the MMO, I don’t know why WC1 or 2 should be the ones to go with.

8 Likes

The “grey” in Warcraft 3 largely consisted of Garithos and Daelin, both of whom got iced pretty quickly for being “grey.” I guess you can consider Arthas as well, but I’m not sure if that’s what people had in mind given that the Alliance was also his biggest victim and he filled the same role that Medivh and Perenolde served in WC1 and 2.

The Alliance actually doesn’t figure in Warcraft 3 a whole lot after the human campaign in RoC. After Arthas marched into that throneroom with Frostmourne the Alliance spent pretty much the rest of RoC and TFT getting the crud beaten out of it.

2 Likes