Shining Force Gone in DF

PVP is literally affected every time they make any game change to suit PVE. Welcome to our world. lol

2 Likes

Let me ask a different question. What reason is there to leave the target caps in? What gameplay or balance concern is addressed by these spells not functioning as expected all the time. Sure it’s not amazingly common that it comes up, but is there any reason it should come up at all?

3 Likes

A major issue I can imagine is epic battle grounds. Having a low cd fear able to fear an entire raid… and chain fearing with multiple priests.

Obviously in order to do that in the ability to actually pull it off and it leading to a cap of a node or w/e is definitely on the extreme side of things.

But scale that back to normal battle grounds or world pvp etc. and it can get annoying quite fast.

I think the main issue with a mass fear on a low CD is that it can create a lot of LOS issues in addition to Loss of control of your character by those affected.

A couple ideas that might solve this potential issues could be…

• Have a fear in place modifier like my Petrified idea remove the target cap. This would at least make it so in PvP a simple mass dispel/totem can remove fear if people were stacked up a bunch instead of being chased around like headless chickens getting out of range, out of line of sight and not capable of using a AOE dispel.

• Have the fear be target capped for PvP only. So if for example your in world PvP and you get into a battle with 6 players and 2 mobs. You fear and you will fear 5 players and both mobs, but that last player didn’t get feared because you already feared the 5 max players. But the 2 mobs still got feared because no max on PvE mobs.

Obviously as far as the arms race goes… fear is a lot less… impactful in the current game compared to times like classic. But one PvP strategy my bg team used for our PvP ranking was 3 shadow priests + Druid for offense team in WSG. As horde, the alliance didn’t have access to tremor totem and so with 3 priests with PvP gear, we had a low cd on fear where we always have a fear ready for when people got on the Druid. The only ones that could regularly break it was warriors, but with 3 shadow priests, we just melted them down fast. Same with any other threat. Then we chain silence any POM pyro mage and dispel magic buffs/debuffs. This also allowed us to set up a burst mid field if the EFC escaped our 6 defense members to quickly return flag while our FC ran up ramp and ready to cap.

So Mass chain fearing can be effective. Just not as effective as it once was.

Do you know if Void Tendrils work like Mass Root where damage cancels it? If so it’s almost useless 90 percent of the time.

They just need to remove Typhoon or Ursol’s from Druid and give it to priest then to balance out the cc dilemma since they don’t wanna give more Aoe stuns.

2 Likes

I don’t see why removing the target cap would be unbalanced.
From my PVE pov, I barely use it already and even without cap I would still barely use it.
I might have to try to use it as a pseudo interrupt if shining force kicks the bucket and hope that the fear breaks immediately, but since I PUG most of the time, the tank would probably just kick me.

2 Likes

If they’re adding in the same Void Tendrils that we used to have, there will be actual tendrils that have to be targeted and killed before the root releases.

I think they’re still targetable by AoE spells and such, so it’s not like they’re incredible or anything, but it makes them slightly better than roots and snares that are immediately cancelled by a slight breeze.

2 Likes

So, when the Void Tendrils are summoned they are targetable and have health, but their health is really low and I’ve suggested before that they buff their health.

I noticed that on NPCs, damage won’t break the Void Tendrils but in some instances, enough damage on players will break the Void Tendrils? Unless they just AoE’d it and I didn’t notice, but could’ve sworn it broke without them killing the tendrils.

1 Like

Yeah, we no longer have the small blanket silence we had in WoD or Spectral Guise. Now we are losing Shining Force, so wth are we gonna do in PvP to survive beyond fear? Are we gonna get some instant mind control or get a new talent that will help us survive? Feeling really salty about losing so much…

3 Likes

Don’t forget, we’re also losing Shadow Mend… So we no longer can heal with two schools of magic.

Meanwhile, if we’re not being interrupted by the DPS, we’re being interrupted by the healers who all have kick besides us. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

To many priest players need to reduce them to go to other healer classes.

Why do people post stuff like this? You cant possibly believe something so asinine.

Yup, great spell on bgs when a rogue is on you, for sure. One of the best spells to deal with these maggots.

2 Likes

I miss Shining Force so much already.

6 Likes

Yup, it is a definite dev misstep.

5 Likes

Happens alot vs demo locks in arena… aside from that its fine in pvp

EU people annoyed too.

2 Likes

I stopped my subscription just so that I could tell them in the comments that it was because of Shining Force being removed.

Of course I will resubscribe but I just wanted to take another route to let them know how I feel about it being removed.

6 Likes

They got rid of priest shining force and gave it to mages. It’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of. Priests can’t have a knock but now mages can?

5 Likes

Shining force gone. Gfade gone. No silence. (Other healers got them.) More heals? Cool I guess. No double schools for disc. Looks like its back to being trained into the ground. :slight_smile: :cloud_with_rain:

4 Likes

Wait, back in MoP we got Void Tendrils and I’m trying to remember if we could bubble our Tendrils? That’s the only way i think they could even be “useful” in PvP. Sigh.

2 Likes