Shimmer Stop Macro

There used to be a /stopmacro command. Does it not still exist?
Looks like there's some odd [broken] behavior with Shimmer in castsequence macros.

I tried the one you posted and it got stuck on Shimmer.
Then I tried the following:
#showtooltip
/castsequence Blink,Scorch

and again it never left Shimmer
So finally I tried:
#showtooltip
/castsequence Scorch,Blink,Scorch

It cast scorch, advanced to blink (shimmer) and never advanced past that point.

Talenting out of Shimmer produces the desired effect.
it's strange, it doesnt work with blink but it does work as intended if you cast shimmer by name instead of blink.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=1 Shimmer, _
08/21/2016 04:06 PMPosted by Vellektra
it's strange, it doesnt work with blink but it does work as intended if you cast shimmer by name instead of blink.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=1 Shimmer, _

I tried it with Shimmer too, and that still didn't work for me. Two clicks of the mouse wheel (so essentially "presses") produced the same "queue up" behavior. This is the macro I was testing with.

NOTE: I used stopcasting in my original macro too and forgot, because I use this to stop casting if I am in combat and need to blink.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/castsequence reset=5 Shimmer, Shimmer

It should wait 5 seconds to cast it again shouldn't it?
08/21/2016 04:47 PMPosted by Incendium
NOTE: I used stopcasting in my original macro too and forgot, because I use this to stop casting if I am in combat and need to blink.
Don't stopcast with shimmer; one of the benefits of it is the ability to use it while casting.
08/21/2016 04:47 PMPosted by Incendium
It should wait 5 seconds to cast it again shouldn't it?

No, reset=5 means after 5 seconds of not pressing the key it will reset to the first ability in the macro.
the reset=5 resets back to the first spell in the sequence after you have not pressed the macro for 5 seconds, not a 5 second delay between the two spells. the macro i linked, similar to the one Adreaver linked earlier is designed to only have one spell, you shouldnt be able to cast twice at all with it. The fake or null spell should make the macro stop at it then with a 1 second reset will reset back to the first spell.

I dont know what would cause it to not work for you unless maybe you're editing the wrong macro and not actually making changes to the one on your bar.
Both points taken, Elvenbane and Vellektra.

I tried the macro again, (can't believe I missed that shimmer allows casting while moving), and it's now working... sort of.

Here is the "working" macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=1 Shimmer, null

Now the problem is that if you ARE trying to cast it twice, you can't simply spam the macro, because then it fails at trying to cast "null" and just keeps trying until you stop for a full second and it resets. I suppose what I was hoping for here was a forced "global cooldown" of sorts so that I couldn't accidentally cast it twice, but can cast it twice in fairly quick succession if needed.

I may just need to rebind this and learn to use a different key, unless anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks for all the help though, I really appreciate it!
you could use a modifier to get around it, i dont think theres any way to make a "smart" macro that would do everything. However you can use modifiers to get close

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] shimmer
/castsequence reset=1 shimmer,_

so using it normally will force you to only blink once, but holding any mod button or a specific one if you want that, would allow you to double blink.
you could use a modifier to get around it, i do think theres any way to make a "smart" macro that would do everything. However you can use modifiers to get close

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] shimmer

This works really well, thanks!
08/21/2016 07:07 PMPosted by Incendium
you could use a modifier to get around it, i do think theres any way to make a "smart" macro that would do everything. However you can use modifiers to get close

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] shimmer

This works really well, thanks!

Does not work - I have my shimmer bound to mousewheel down. I don't know how to make it only use one charge but soon as I cast shimmer it uses both charges automatically. Any help?
i just tested the macro again to see if some hotfix changed it and it is still working on my mage. Is yours bound to only mousewheel down or do you use any modifiers with the default binding, using any of the 3 modifiers would bypass the stopping part of the macro.
Well I have shift+amouse wheel down for my iceblock and I do not really like pressing alt or control. Why does it not work with regular mouse wheel down? :/

May I just change the amount the scroll down presses the key per flick of the wrist?
A modifier is better the problem I am having is that if I shimmer using mousewheel down+shift then have to poly focus using shift+1, soon as I press shift before I hit the one it auto shimmers. This is making my play style completely un viable. We need a fix in the game where mouse wheel behaves like other keys. The problem is mouse wheel triggers like 6-7 actions of the event mouse wheel down. Where as a key such as 1, f, g, only triggers once per press.
The problem with hot fixing this is that it will screw up many mages and other players play styles. I am not sure what they should do but the mage class designer is not doing a good job in my opinion.

Example - I bound my blink to mousewheel down for aoe, lots of horde on me, or a boss with a fast swing rate. if I block at 1% and spam my old blink bind - F. I cannot press it fast enough to get away and not take damage. How ever if I spam mouse wheel down, it triggers 5-6 times a second, making it possible to blink and escape 20-30 pve mobs who are wailing on your ice block.

I do not know what they should do, thoughts?
Ya theres not much you can do that i know of in terms of the mousewheel spam clicking, thats just how it works. The macro does exactly what its supposed to do though. The only way to make it not interfear with your shift keybindings would be to force it to use alt or ctrl. If you dont want to do that then theres no way to make a macro perform two different functions without modifiers.

Why does it not work with regular mouse wheel down?

This im not sure if i understand. Are you asking why it doesnt prevent double casting with just using the mouse wheel? Because thats what it does. Or were you trying to get both the forced single cast and the ability to double cast shimmer with the same binding, because that requires the modifiers or two separate bindings.
09/12/2016 12:55 AMPosted by Vellektra
Ya theres not much you can do that i know of in terms of the mousewheel spam clicking, thats just how it works. The macro does exactly what its supposed to do though. The only way to make it not interfear with your shift keybindings would be to force it to use alt or ctrl. If you dont want to do that then theres no way to make a macro perform two different functions without modifiers.

Why does it not work with regular mouse wheel down?

This im not sure if i understand. Are you asking why it doesnt prevent double casting with just using the mouse wheel? Because thats what it does. Or were you trying to get both the forced single cast and the ability to double cast shimmer with the same binding, because that requires the modifiers or two separate bindings.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749017179

The last post has my solution
Well, I had the exact same problem and after pouring through threads, I discovered my own solution. Someone had mentioned that you can fill the macro with junk so that shimmer won't accidentally trigger twice with one motion of the mouse wheel, so I made this:

#showtooltip Shimmer
/cast Shimmer
/use Bipsi's Bobbing Berg

I may have gone overboard a bit with the last 3, but I wanted to make sure it really couldn't accidentally trigger twice. It seems to have the desired effect, it essentially gives shimmer a very minor gcd, which I know many people will say is removing one of it's strengths, but I very rarely need to activate it IMMEDIATELY right after a cast, and much more often, it goes off twice when I only want it once and gets me killed, so for me, this is a perfect fix. Hope it helps others out there!
People are making this issue way more complicated than it needs to be.
#showtooltip
/castsequence [talent:2/1] reset=1 Shimmer,null
/use [notalent:2/1]Blink

Bind this macro to wheel up and wheel down.

Want to use it once, as fast as possible? Roll it down. Want to use it twice, for maximum distance? Roll it up and down.
Hey Adreaver,

Do you develop addons? I need something very simple developed. I want an addon where at certain health %'s and actions based on spec - a random /s phrase happens like
"woot"
or "yay"
or "ouch" when iceblock.
Also this macro no longer works. I have it bound to mouse wheel down and it always uses twice no matter what.