Shift+Mousebuttons not working?

I have this macro that I have bound to one of my side mouse buttons. It works for mouseover but when I hit shift plus the mousebutton nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

/cast [mod:shift,@player] Holy Shock; [@mouseover,help,nodead] Holy Shock

1 Like

Go through your key binds. Make sure that shift and whatever button you are using is not already bound. Unbind it or change it to something else.

Nothing is bound for those specific buttons/key bind combinations.

1 Like

What keys are the buttons on the side of the mouse mapped to? Which mouse are you using? What OS? There are several things that can cause issues with modifiers and MMO mice, so more info would help narrow it down.

Its a razer naga trinity 12 button mouse. I have the buttons keybound in the mouse software to the numberpad 1-9 keys.

Well, if you are Windows, the OS will mess with some of those combos. It registers most of the number pad keys with shift as things like HOME instead of shift+key. Your best bet in that case is to remap the keys to something else or use different modifiers. (One thing I’ve seen is to set them to F13-24 which shouldn’t conflict with anything.)

If you are on a mac, then you can try this solution to get it working:

2 Likes

Windows. You both were right, I rebound the mouse to the F keys and now it works. Thanks!

1 Like

How did you go about doing this? I am having the same issues.
I am currently using a Logitech G600 series gaming mouse with 12 key bindings on the side.
While in game, my action buttons work properly (i.e. I hit mouse button 1, then the spell assigned in action bar for 1 casts).
I have tried to setup a shift macro using the syntax as follows:

/cast [mod: shift]Chain Lightning; Lightning Bolt

When I hit mouse button 1, Lightning Bolt casts properly as it should. However, when I try to hit Shift + mouse button 1 Chain Lightning does not cast. How can I fix this? Do I need to remap mouse key bindings only in game? Or do I also need to remap them to F13-24 in Windows as well?
My apologies for long post. I am new to this and am hoping to be as descriptive as I can.

1 Like

IIRC the side buttons on the G600 map to the NUMPAD number keys (that might be wrong - I haven’t used mine in default mode for years).

If that’s true, numpad buttons and shift do not play well together in all cases.

I almost never use the default values on buttons on input devices. Best bet is to remap the device and then bind in game to what you want those values to do.

1 Like

You’ll want to remap them using the Logitech software, then set them in game. Depending on how you use the mouse for other stuff, you can set up a profile with the Logitech software so it only remaps them in WoW. (Say, for instance, you use the side buttons for data entry in excel or something.)

Shift-1 to Shift-6 are by default keybound to Action Bar switching. Those keybindings take priority and “eat” the shift key before it goes to the macro. You will need to unbind those in the Keybindings menu

1 Like

Thank you for this post. Just stumbled upon it trying to troubleshoot this very issue on a Mac and that terminal command was exactly the fix. Thanks again! :smiley:

I have the new Mac M1 chip and the Terminal thing did not work for me. Idk if I did it wrong which is very possible as im new ro Mac or just dont work on the new chips. Hope that helps someone. However I did fix my issue a completely diff way which I would have no been able to do if this thread didnt get my gears turning so Thank You Very Much. What I ended up doing was putting my dongle in my old Windows Laptop and setting MB4, MB5 and MB6 to Forward, Back and Middle Button. This allowed Shift + to be used. Now that might seem like common sense but they actually were not set to that. They were set to 9,0 and P. So I applied those changes to the Mouse and plugged it back into my Mac and Viola, it worked. Red Dragon Wireless Vampire Mouse. $20 had it for years and I Love it.