Shift Mod - No CD Timer, No Icon Change

Heyo,

I’ve got a macro that charges/intervenes on mouseover or target, with a shift mod to heroic leap. The macro seems to work fine, but the tooltip isn’t changing when I hold shift and the CD timer isn’t working on either state of the macro.

Is there something I need to add?

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod,@mouseover,exists,nodead] Intercept; Intercept
/cast [mod:shift] Heroic Leap

Thanks!

Clarification. The CD works when I’ve expended both charges of Intervene, but doesn’t work on Heroic Leap, nor does the icon change when I hold shift.

More efficient macro that behaves exact the same:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Heroic Leap;[@mouseover,exists,nodead][] Intercept

With your original version if you had something targetted, the Intercept would take priority over the heroic leap since WoW encounters it first and there isn’t any conditions on it. With this new version, if you hold the shift key, you do a Heroic Leap. Otherwise you intercept the mouseover. Otherwise you intercept your target.

Another version you may want to consider:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Heroic Leap;[mod,@mouseover,exists,nodead][] Intercept

the “mod” by itself means any modifier but since shift is reserved for heroic leap that means holding Alt or Ctrl while doing the mouseover results in the intercept.

The benefit of this second version is that you don’t have to worry that you allowed your mouse to wander over a random place on screen and expecting to intercept your target and instead flying off to a random location. The action is now 100% intentional and not random.

Shift-1 to Shift-6 is keybound by default to switching Action bars. If this macro is in the first 6 buttons of your action bar it won’t work correctly because all keybindings take precedence over macros and “eat” the shift key (in this situation the shift key). You’ll need to unbind the Action bar keybinding in order to use the macro properly.

As an FYI: You’ll run into a similar situation with Ctrl-1 to Ctrl-0. Those are keybound to Pet abilities (hunter pets, lock pets, mage elemental, DK undead thing, etc…) and it doesn’t matter if your spec can’t even have a pet or if you don’t have it out, the keybinding still eats the “ctrl”.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the detailed response!

1 Like