Sharding on RP servers

Hello, apologies in advance if this isn’t the correct spot for this. I wanted to enquire if sharding on RP servers for the pre-patch and start of expansion events was scheduled to end or if it’s likely to continue going forward. Currently it’s putting a bit of a damper on RP.

Thank you for any insight you can provide and I wanted to add that the expansion has been awesome so far, keep up the great work.

Sharding will continue for as long as the need for it is there. That means it will ease when less people on the RP realms are logging in to play.

2 Likes

Sharding on RP servers is always a thing for current expansion content. For zones like Icecrown it was done for the prepatch event only.

3 Likes

Cities like Stormwind did not have sharding for RP servers, but the sharding was turned on for the pre-patch event’s ghoul invasion. However, now that the event is over and the expansion has begun, the sharding in Stormwind is still present and has not been reverted. This is causing some issues with the RP community on my server.

1 Like

I would give feedback using the in-game Feedback option on the Support Menu. Until Blizzard removes it you might be stuck with grouping to “see” each other. Not quite as friendly as a random walking by and joining in, but should put your group in the same shard.

Thanks, I wanted to note per previous announcements I believe RP realms have their own shard settings for main cities. I was primarily concerned they just forgot to turn it back to the old setting lol.