Sharding is Killing the game!

I'm really sick of seeing all of you people without my realm tag. Especially Area 52 Proudmoore and Stormrage you most Igno rant people I've ever come in contract with in my life. I really wish blizzard would stop sharding me with you. I don't really want to see you and you really don't want to see me. Listen blizzard we pick our realms for a reason.
Sharding isn't the same thing as CRZ.
That's already been added to the list of things that have supposedly killed or is in the process of killing the game. You'll have to try again with something a bit more original if you want to contribute.

Sharding is what prevents new questing areas to look like the balcony in the first building in the panderan starting area. Sharding is also what helps maintain server stability when they release new content.
Sharding creates a stable playable game. Pretty sure that's the opposite of killing it.
OP, edit your post to "sharting" and take the "R" out of contact. See if that helps.
11/07/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Darkmooner
I'm really sick of seeing all of you people without my realm tag. Especially Area 52 Proudmoore and Stormrage you most Igno rant people I've ever come in contract with in my life. I really wish blizzard would stop sharding me with you. I don't really want to see you and you really don't want to see me. Listen blizzard we pick our realms for a reason.
Because different realms govern the mentality of their players, right? You're not the brightest; most colorful crayon in the box, are you?
11/07/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Darkmooner
you most Igno rant people

Okay...
11/07/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Eyrinjia

After so many threads on the topic, people still don’t know the difference between CRZ, sharding and connected realms.

Edit: typo
11/07/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Eyrinjia

I have no issue with either. I honestly don't understand the hate CRZ receives. You can't trade with that person from another realm? They can't join your guild? Does it matter? Chances are, they would not have traded with you to begin with, and they would not have accepted your guild invite.

Am I missing something?
Idk what crz is, connected realms is self explanatory. Not sure of sharding, think it's what they use/do to put us into instances.

That aside, the thing I dislike is not being able to trade or give someone you see in the world something they need because the system won't let you.

I suppose grouping up with them would allow this, but not sure about that. The times I was more social ingame and wanted to give other players something they needed, like a glyph or enchantment, I wasn't able to because of that.
Ah well.
CRZ stands for cross-realm zones. Its purpose is to make emptier zones more alive by making players from other realms visible to you. Because some players don't like feeling lonely in big empty zones by themselves, especially in a multiplayer game. As a general rule, similar realm types get the same kind of players through CRZ, so RP realms are grouped together, and regular realms are likewise grouped together.

Even before CRZ was a thing, it was possible to see players from other realms if they were in a party with someone from your realm.

Sharding fills the opposite purpose. When too many players are in an open-world area (not an instance, which only allows a fixed number of players anyway), the space gets "sharded" by having the game make duplicates of the area and only showing some of the players around you.

Connected realms was the solution to making low-population servers more lively without merging them with other servers, since merging would introduce problems like having characters or guilds on different servers with the same names. From a gameplay standpoint it's like being in a permanent CRZ with the other realm(s), though on the technical side there are some differences that I don't have the inclination or expertise to talk about.
1 Like
This is a great example of how ppl just take buzzwords from GD and run a fear mongering show with them without even knowing what they mean. Reading these threads is like Fox News: World of Warcraft Edition
Man... when they did the CRZ thing back when in cata... they should never have said a thing. If they had not mentioned it or sharding I'll bet we would have heard absolutely zero from people who now use it as an excuse for their next "Wow is dying" spam post.
@Sigrún, tyvm for that. Much appreciated.
No, it isn't killing the game.
But how will i tell the proudmore players that Stormrage is more better ??