Shard Lag Problem

Hey guys so I’m an OCE player but I relocated to NA.
I get 150ms home when I’m playing on OCE from NA
All my toons were on Barthilas but after I relocated to NA, I’d join NA pugs and I’d get good ping because I get phased to NA shard.
I recently transferred my main to Area52 to raid with a guild. Since then, when I play with OCE, I’d lag like a lot. This didn’t happen even when I was playing on Barthilas from NA. The ping shows the same 150ms but there’s like a 1-1.5s delay.
Also, when I play on Barthilas toons now and pug NA groups, I no longer get phased to NA shard. More so, I’m even getting higher ping around 200ms now even when it should be low because I’m in a NA group. I’d ask the group and they all would be phased to NA too with low pings, it’s just me now.
Everything’s normal when I play OCE on OCE and NA on NA, but the cross-shard isn’t like what it used to be.
Is anyone facing the same/similar problem or know any fixes to this.

Sorry, if this was really hard to understand, I tried my best. Thank you!

1 Like

Been having the same issue for the last 3ish weeks.
i live in Aus and have toons on Barthilas but i primarily play at odd hours, so i play with US players.
For the last 7 years it has been perfectly fine, a little higher MS than solo but completely playable. Untill whatever has happened and now i cant do any cross pacific content as my MS shows < 20 but it feels like over 1k. all Addons disabled, complete reset changes nothing.
so far my only solution has been to move some characters to keep progressing, but it is extremely frustrating and no one else seems to be talking about it.

1 Like

We need a fix for this ASAP. This only started happening around the time of the wrath pre patch i believe and how it has managed to not have been picked up and fixed already is just plain silly.

I’m OCE and q’ing for any instanced activity that shards me over to NA is just not viable with the 1-2sec delay on all spells (even though i have normal ping).

Have been told by other people that have the same issue that the only solution as an OCE player that plays on NA shards (dungeons, rbgs, raid etc) is to completely xfer over to NA realms until blizzard fixes the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.