Shaman totems not affecting party members

Strength of Earth totem and even Stoneskin are not affecting party members – they do not get the buffs, nor does their damage increase by SoE.

Members dropped group and rejoined, totem swapped, tried everything I could think of and none of them work – they only affect myself, the Shaman

Hello, exactly the same thing happens to me with my totems … they don’t benefit those in my group … it’s very weird, sometimes they do and sometimes not … it’s a problem … because that’s why I created a druid … Could you please fix this.

This can occur if you are flagged for pvp and your party member is not, or vice-versa. This is true for any AoE or “non-targeted” buff, and is not a bug. I’m going to go ahead and add this to the Not A Bug list pinned to this forum.

3 Likes

Neither of us were in PVP – I am not the first to notice this, I’ve seen a few other forum posts about it and even people in-game.

At one point, in a 5 man, only 3/5 people inside the dungeon even had the buff – doesn’t seem correct

3 Likes

Bump - happening to a friend of mine as well

1 Like

One of you has your PvP flag on while the other doesn’t.

Have them check this setting and everyone needs to get on the same page.

Source - Blizz response above and I also had the same issue and addressed it as suggested and the problem was fixed.