Shaman lightning skills animation effects sucks

just to release my frustration im telling the truth, in legion blizzard abandoned the idea to give elemental shamans the rework on specifically the lighting skills, and pretty forward they secretly are keeping nerfing those animations, and i say its secret cause those things never showed off in wowhead in BFA…
but then literally there are mobs, bosses, those toys from gnomecan island, a bunch of stuff where all that eletric stuff just looks AMAZING, and then you go back to your shaman and then WTF is happening? VANILLA wow lightning animations looks cooler than that crap that we have today
“oh but blizzard dont want those animations to be too big so they get in the way like in raiding scenario…” what kind of crap excuse is that??? i never saw players complaining about lei shen skills in mop being too annoying and people could not see anything, you know why? cause this simples does not happen, thats just dumb.
Here´s my feedback blizzard, buff these stuff, i refuse to play a shaman again, they feel boring to me, i feel like the level 4 pichu of pokemon version of world of warcraft when im playing shaman

edit: btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7lC83PbukY
this is how things were suppose to be by now, i read everyhere that “people complained”, oh they did??? at the time i was reading the foruns and i didnt found a single one thread about players complaining of this! Not a single one!!!

10 Likes

Chain lightning is ok, but lightning bolt looks like it’s paper drawn on… lightning bolt definetly needs work on it…

13 Likes

Think that is bad look at enhancement shamans windfury effect it used to be awesome now you cant even tell its happening.

5 Likes

Man I feel like everyones forgotten the old Lightning bolt. It was just a ball that you threw at people. I’m still happy with the change.

7 Likes

you will be probably be surprised if i say that i actually do prefer the vanilla one than the bfa one… at least the vanilla one gathered some amount of energy and then when it reachs the target it actually does some damage.
the bfa one is just a little zap, it doesnt feel like its actually doing some real damage

6 Likes

I miss old Windfury 100%, but i think new lightning bolt is still better than the sparky ball that slowly floated around.

Wouldn’t mind lightning bolt getting the chain lightning animation though.

4 Likes

Yep… That an ascendance are super meh

2 Likes

Its time for Blizzard to update visuals for all classes that have an activated dps cd. Give us something to glory of the Paladin wings.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however,

A. You threatening to not play a class just makes Blizzard chuckle. Hilarious you think anyone but you cares that you are/aren’t playing something.

B. Some of us like current animations.

C. You are so very wrong in saying no one has complained about visuals getting in the way during raids. That has been a pretty big complaint for a while now. Granted most complaints center more on the spell effects of others, but still to a degree one’s own animations too.

2 Likes

A - no i dont, im very aware of it, this is just the best way i can express how not satisfied i am
B - Yes, and i like to call people like you the minority…how do i know you´re part of the minority? because on any video i watched about these new animations most people that complained was the minority
C - oh really? i searched out back in the day a lot, and i didnt found anything… if you´re telling me there is, then show me the proof: videos, foruns, anything, unless you show me a proof, i simple dont believe what you are claiming there

He isn’t wrong about visuals in raids. I have read about it here a few times over the years. One of the most recent was the new pally consecration that didn’t make it into the game because of the visual problems in raids. It is one of the biggest problems with big group content in GW2. It is impossible to see bosses when there are 10+ people attacking it, no matter where you set your camera. It gets to where you can’t see attack queues from the boss, or even which direction it is facing.

Edit: here is the link to the conversation.

1 Like

I like the current animations. Old LB was tied to a mechanical way that spell functioned (damage on arrival rather than instantly) and I think anything flashier will take away from it being nothing more than a filler for ele, a DPS option for resto, and pull spell for Enh.

That being said, there certainly were complaints about visuals in raid, which is why for example you don’t see the arms of any mages Orb of Frost anymore, as two or three of those would have heavy impact on the common players frame rate. Other spells are the lunar beam (forget the real name) on boomkin, and I think maybe even totem mastery (in a raid setting).

These animations still appear in 5 mans as they are not as impactful there.

2 Likes

i see… well that excuse is way better than “some players complayed and then blizzard removed it”… but from that perspective, from wow at least it does look more like a bug or just something that needs some more work for the developers…
i think blizzard should just work their way to try to fix any problems that may occur, removing it cause its easier its just lame, i can see it why they would go to that route but its still lame nonetheless

What they need to do is put out a mini expansion that updates everything, adds/changes systems, adds a few maps, and only goes for a year, maybe less. Only do a single conflict, with one raid, then announce the next expansion. I wouldn’t even add anymore levels, just the stuff I said. More like an addition to the current (whatever it is) expansion.

1 Like

You just described a patch with system changes, which has happened before.

Same here. I would love a fully powered Overgarge lightning bolt to use the chain lightning animation that NPCs use.

Windfury needs its animation back as well. I never know when it happens. Lava Lash looks and feels like I’m hitting my target with a wet noodle. Enhancement shamans just lack visual oomph and impact right now.

1 Like

I was just going to mention this…

Why doesn’t Lightning bolt use chain lightning animation without the bounce, looks so much better then the “Microsoft Paint” lightning bolt we have.

2 Likes

bumping for visibility, the current spell visual for lightning bolt is simply unacceptable. It looks terrible, and feels terrible.

1 Like

there are so many good options to replace the terrible blue noodle that is the current lightning bolt spell.

• Chain lightning effect with no bounces

• 7.3 cut effects

• vanilla ball animation

• glyphs for any of the above

2 Likes

DO NOT TOUCH MAH CHAINLIGHTNING!!!

Lightning bolt however, sure, could use some upgrade.