Shaman (dps) ever used for world firsts?

I’m curious as to if this class has ever been used in world first runs? I tried finding some vods but most don’t seem to have shamans as dps for world first and even at that 1 resto shaman AT MOST. What’s wrong with this class? I tend to love it

World first races are always going to ommit a fair number of specs/classes as they try stacking the most op stuff as much as possible. Shaman is perfectly viable in every aspect of the game including mythic raiding, just because a class isn’t in the world first race doesn’t mean it’s bad.

2 Likes

Paragon had an enh shaman for Imperator Mar’gok in Highmaul, because their aoe was really strong in WoD.

Pieces used 5 Shamans for their world first Crucible.

1 Like

They were used In Crucible of the Storms because they could die to a mechanic and then just reincarnate.

Short answer is yes, DPS shamans in top end guilds has always been a rarity. Resto has been brought because they’re a strong progression healer due to mastery and they have sometimes been good to stack, but not always so usually it’s a one and done thing.

It’s not that big of a deal except for guilds in the very tippy top. Even higher end guilds that take get through mythic in 1-2 months end up bringing DPS shamans as long as they’re not painfully broken.