Shaftz - Lockups

I am getting the exact same issues with the exact same GPU , my game freezes when I press C or M in large cities

This is on your end and NOT a hardware error.

I’ve done everything that tratt said, even made my own post on the forums but suggesting this man get a local pc tech to look at his computer… I took my pc to an a+ certified tech and he fixed it up the day before I installed wow, and it’s still freezing

see attached, i have directx12 on my PC but wow only registers 11+ 11 legacy for me.

Proof https://imgur.com/a/3NUQ4jY

Shaftz,

You have a different issue than the OP of that thread so I made a thread for just you.

You can’t access directX 12 because there is a critical driver bug with Windows 7’s current Nvidia driver for directx12. Basically it’s to the tune of “the game will extremely regularly crash, sometimes causing a full system lockup” so we disabled it to prevent it from affecting you. Anybody on Windows 7 will only have DirectX 11/Legacy settings as of this post. Nvidia will have to fix it with a future driver update.

You mentioned lockups, which shouldn’t happen regardless of directx version with your hardware. Let’s check to see what your hardware is actually doing. Grab hwmonitor and install it. Then, launch hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`

The problem i have with this statement is that I have windows 10, ive never even had windows 7 installed on this PC.

Huh! I’m unsure exactly how I managed to misread that, but I rechecked your file and I sure did. It’s possible I mixed your situation up with another I had loaded in another tab. Can we get the test run nonetheless? Might help me narrow this down for you.

Edit: Actually - I found your old post. Moving us in here and locking this thread. Tratt appears to have been on the same page as I was. We’ll handle everything else from here.