Shady Multiboxer?

Before the reset I was trying to get the Azerite quest in Vol’dun done on my DH and there was a multiboxer druid camping it. That by itself wasn’t an issue, as he would wander away chasing others and it would allow people to zerg complete it.

Here’s the issue: After I finished the quest, I formed a group to kill the guy and collect the bounties. That’s when the shady stuff started happening. We went in with a plan of chain CCing as many as possible. I know shapeshift breaks them, but we figured there’s no way he would be fast enough. We were wrong. Anything we threw was immediately either shapeshifted or autotrinketed. I mean literally immediately. No hesitation. Ever. Over the course of about 30 minutes. That was annoying, but the next part is worse. Once we finally decided to just zerg the guy and try to take them out 1 by 1 as fast as possible, we targeted one of them, zerged it and got it down. Switched to the next and he starts all the sudden glitching while running, causing us to lose our target on him and he would run, jerk ahead, run, jerk ahead and we couldn’t get a target lock on him anymore because every time he would jerk ahead we lost target. There were 5 of us in party, and we all experienced the same thing, so it wasn’t just one of us lagging. It reminded me of the lag switches of years and years ago that were pretty common in battlegrounds. I thought they were a thing of the past.

My question is that at what point does this become cheating and not just multiboxing (which I support, btw, even though it’s annoying at times)?

That does sound shady. Hope you reported him.

Shortly after this happened I tried to find him again, but my party was put into a different shard where there was a large battle happening at the same quest, so I wasn’t able to report any of the toons.

That’s something else that I’m angry about. Sharding in WPVP is nonsense and is getting abused all the time.

Imagine being so bad at PVP you have to multibox.

12 Likes

ROXANE your alive!!! Thank goodness the rumors weren’t true.

What rumors?

You know the ones that were all over the national enquirer. I knew those celebrity death columns were fake.

1 Like

Were people on here or on the discord saying I was dead? Lol wut?

No, I took a break from the forums because there is so much cringe on here.

Nah I am just joshing with you. Glad to see you back.:grinning:

1 Like

Oh lol.

/10 chars

1 Like

I’ve found that if you can focus down the main boxxer character, it’ll be easy to down the rest if you aoe them down quicky enough. But yeah, that sounds shady as heck. Duid multi-boxers are annoying to fight. Not as annoying as dk ones tho. Lol

Or run kick bot and glitch hack.

1 Like

My understanding is that this is still SOP in rated battlegrounds.

If it makes you feel any better for a moment, this guy was in a Wintergrasp yesterday. Adding together the KBs/Deaths of his 6 characters came to 5 killing blows for 54 deaths total. By the end of the match, his team was being camped at their last graveyard. I like to think everyone in that BG on his side blamed him for the horrible defeat!

Oh, also, kickbot is definitely still being used. I had a pair of DHs very very obviously using it in arena skirmishes of all things just a couple days ago.

Pretty standard. Multi-boxers in BGs just waste team slots for the most part. These people typically are just relying on the power of having 5+ characters to usually beat down single players and have little no coordination or real pvp skill.

Multi-boxers just make me roll my eyes. I’ve seen this BELF DK that boxes 20+ and he can lag a zone with all the pets out. It’s truly absurd.

Doesn’t Blizz have tools to detect such things, or are they reliant upon people reporting potential offenders?

I know the feels. The community I’m apart of is constantly having going up against a human dk multiboxer. A guild that we fight against a bit never really leave without him. I believe he has 25 dks and 4 or 5 resto shamans. He alone can lag a server to no end. It’s truly annoying.

1 Like

It’s not against TOS as I learnt recently … Blizz is happy they are getting multiple subs from the same person .