Shadows Rising spoiler

Warning: this contain major spoilers. if you brought the book and want to find out for yourself avoid this. Rest of you who don’t care here all you need to know.

The Horde

• Thrall will not accept the Horde without the Forsaken being apart of it and trusted by everyone.
  • Thrall, Baine, Lor’themar Theron, Thalyssra, Rokhan, Kiro, Ji Firepaw, an unnamed Mag’har, Gazlowe, and Lillian with Calia as her advisor are apart of the council.
  • Lillian Voss has Calia as her advisor and Calia doesn’t want to be the leader immediately. Calia is also more belligerent than expected. Derek Proudmoore is also now apart of the Forsaken.
  • Most of the leaders now live in Orgrimmar.
  • Talanji is a member of the council but leaves but by the end of the book she is about to rejoin.
  • Orgrimmar is in full work day and night trying to recover from the Fourth War.
  • Bwonsamdi is getting weaker and thus so too Talanji to the point she can feel it self. If one dies, so does the other.
  • Talanji breaks the oath with Bwonsamdi between him and her father in order to save each other. Bwonsamdi needs the Horde to help him.
  • Loa can be weakened much by killing their followers, destroying their shrines; killing and destroying the most important deals the most damage.
  • Vulpera can now amputate and replace limbs.
  • There is a shortage of soldiers and supplies in Zuldazar
  • Bwonsamdi gives Zekhan a vision of death about Saurfang where the elderly Orc is happily spending time with his family.
  • Talanji and Zekhan discover the existence of the Maw. Zekhan questions his faith on hopelessness [?] and begins to start to understand the views of the Undead Night Elves.

The Alliance

• The Armistice is very fragile, very fragile at the moment. Another war is too costly.
  • Anduin slightly questions the methods of Alleria and Turalyon but hasn’t forgotten Teldrassil, the destruction of the fleet, and other skirmishes of the War.
  • He wonders if this’ll have an effect on their own honor as people look on their two statues in Stormwind.
  • Anduin is ashamed of who he is. He doesn’t have much time for himself considering his age. Jaina confronts him about it.
  • Thrall visits the Kaldorei in Mt. Hyjal. He isn’t trusted nor welcomed. He speaks with Tyrande who isn’t moved or persuaded by words or gifts. She wishes actions against the Banshee Loyalists. Thrall promises to bring her Sylvanas’s head. Tyrande accepts.

Hunt for Sylvanas

• Sira, Nathanos, and the tribe known as Widow’s Bite, led by the daughter of Shadra, wish to kill Bwonsamdi so the Troll souls can be sent directly into the maw while the tribe is out for vengeance against the Queen herself.

• Multiple assassinations are taken out upon Talanji.

• Alleria and Turalyon are sent by Anduin as well as Shaw in a smaller group which leads to the Shaw/Flynn romance plot.

• Flynn shoves Anduin to tightly hug Shaw. Now Shaw and Flynn are dating.

• They (Turalyon and Alleria) interrogate prisoners by shackling them with the light and Alleria uses void magic to penetrate the mind. The victim ends up losing a small bit of their memory from the magic. Anduin approves.

• Maiev arrests Sira and takes her to the Stormwind Stockades while Sylvanas is very, very angry at Nathanos for failing the mission and leaves him until further orders. Looks like this bit will be solved throughout the expansion and the pre-patch.

Sylvanas & the Maw

• Bwonsamdi is struggling with keeping Troll souls from traveling into the Maw.
  • Sylvanas wants cosmic power for fate’s cruelty.

Other

• The Vale is nearly completely healed of N’Zoth.
  • The world is still hurt by the Cataclysm.
  • Blood Magic can alter the weather
  • Bwonsamdi had past romances and hints he may had a romance with Eyir.
2 Likes

Good for Thrall. :+1:

Ummm what happened to Thrall’s AU sister?

Gotta keep those Horde leaders weak.

And all the night elves he had a hand in their deaths are suffering in the maw. :roll_eyes: And with everything Blizz has done (and failed) to make him a “good guy” its no shock he is not suffering in the maw where he belongs.

Really hope Bown is lying.

LMAO its cute how Thrall thinks he can promise that.

Our heroes ladies and gentlemen.

Shaw is gay. Neat. Always seem to be the rogue characters that end up gay/bi/lesbian lol.

All and all the books looks promising. Think Ill buy it.

Just as an FYI, if you do buy it…don’t get the Audiobook. The lady they got to read it isn’t fantastic.

Wait, so does Thrall want the Forsaken in or out? Can’t tell if “apart” is used correctly or just another grammar error.

On another note, can we all agree that these are really cool developments that would have been great to have, y’know, IN-GAME?

I swear, Blizzard is really just building a literary franchise at this point. In-game storytelling has gone through the floor.

1 Like

Not really, the actual scenes themselves are not particularly interesting.

Also heavily out of context.

Turalyon chained the Orc down because Alleria’s mind probe was going to cause her to trash around, The Torture was a bit “Dark” but it wasn’t exactly "Shackle them and

And Turalyon did spend an hour trying to do it the “Right” way.

Edit : Oh Christ never mind there is a second torture scene…

Wait, so does Thrall want the Forsaken in or out ? Can’t tell if “apart” is used correctly or just another grammar error.

Thrall wants forsaken to be in the horde.

Edit : PS Flynn Fairwind continues to match Jar Jar Binks in being the worst comedy relief possible.

There is more to this that should be covered in the pre-patch/pre-expansion event.

This concerned me as I’m not particularly in favor of the return of Green Jesus. Other characters can lead and deserve the development.
He needs to stay a farmer.

Makeup has nothing to do with it.

No lie.

Meant rogue. Typing on a cell phone can be a pain in the *@&

I’m almost tempted to find this out myself lol.

Don’t.

I am someone who will defend some of the Novels, and I think Coming Storm is a legitimately good book.

This one is bad, the VA Keeps trying to Give everyone accents that don’t fit including giving both Thrall and Baine Christian Bale batman growls.

Bwonsamdi gave Zekhan a nickname “Zappy boy”. The name is now cannon.

Yeah, that was groan worthy.

3 Likes

Iirc the RPG had a similar concept, at least with Loa’s Power = Number of Followers. Glad to see that’s been kept.

1 Like

IIRC it is one of the common traits of fantasy gods.

1 Like

Apparently the voice actor of Talanji is the narrator.

Not really speaking for whether she did a good job or not, haven’t heard it myself, but fun fact.

1 Like

Okay that explains things.

Her Talanji was good, and when she wasn’t Making stupid Accents for every other character it was much better…but…her Thrall, baine…and Ji-firepaw voices were really, really bad.

Sounds about right.

2 Likes

MoRaLlY GrEy

It was on par with the Horde side of Wolfheart in terms of “Hey lets have somebody act out of character to make the side that isn’t in focus seem evil.”

Interesting and useful summary.
Kinda confirms my headcanon that Bwonsamdi took Rastakhan in order to save him.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Don’t give me that look, his constant series of “jokes” during Island Exploration was unbearable.

“Dur hur there are dragons, keep them away from the ship cause fire.” wasn’t funny the first time…nor was it funny the subsequent 100 times.

1 Like