Shadowmend dot doesn’t fade from Moroes garrote (spec-breaking bug :/)

Hi!

As the title says, the dot from shadowmend continues ticking down and completely ignores damage intake from garrote on Moroes in m+. Please fix - doing an additional 1.5k dps to my teammates that I am desperately trying to heal with a severely under tuned spec is VERY frustrating :frowning:

Edit: adding proof since I already attracted a person disagreeing with me who has no idea what they’re talking about. The following should NOT happen:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3zVg2rhnWLX9Jd8w#fight=1&type=damage-taken&source=4&ability=186439

https://imgur.com/a/hQfsYQJ

Edit 2: Video proof from another disc priest

https://streamable.com/2a62l5

1 Like

Don’t think that’s an actual bug, due to the way that shadowmend heals players in combat. It immediately places a dot on them, which then removes them from full health. There are a lot of other similar mechanics in the game where you have to heal a player to full, to remove some debuff. Internally, they seem to only check roughly once per second or make you be at 100% for a whole second, before the debuff goes away(they always seem laggy at being removed). The shadowmend dot probably ticks once in that time, which the debuff then sees you’re not at 100%.

You both didn’t read the post AND don’t understand how shadowmend works.

1. I said garrote, not grievous

2. shadowmend dot goes away when damage is taken besides the shadowmend dot. This works properly on everything but Moroes afaik.

Oh right right, the stacking dot one. And in that case:

Wraps an ally in shadows which heal for (320% of Spell power), but at a price.

The ally will take [(320% of Spell power) / 20] damage every 1 sec, until they have taken [(320% of Spell power) / 2] total damage from all sources, or leave combat.

Taken from the tooltip of the spell. So this basically means you need to take damage equal to 10 ticks worth of the SM dot, to break the SM dot. Pretty sure it has some pandemic effects in it if you cast the spell on someone again before it can break. So basically, I don’t think the garrot was doing enough damage per second to break it in time before you needed to heal them again.

Here’s a better sort:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3zVg2rhnWLX9Jd8w#fight=1&type=damage-taken&source=4&start=1454951&end=1499999&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24246017636.0.0.Warrior%24false%24186439%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24246017636.0.0.Warrior%24false%24227742

You’ll see that you got your SM dot up to 10k dps, which means that 100k dmg would have to be done for it to wear off. That would be a mix of the garrot ticks of ~5k+your 10k ticks from SM. So from this standpoint, it looks normal. Don’t know how you got your SM dot up to 10k per tick, but wow…

Im just not even going to waste my time responding to most of this and tell you to look at the duration of the debuff during the garrote bleed. The shadowmend dot should NOT last its full duration during a MASSIVE bleed. I genuinely cant tell if you are trolling or think youre actually being helpful but dont have the understanding required to do so. Either way, you were provided a video in the OP as well showing the dot tick down its entire duration during garrote. That should NOT BE POSSIBLE

Idk how to put it any more simply. Smend is bugged and is not registering Garrote damage (or, it appears, whirlwind damage) on the Moroes fight. It needs to be fixed ASAP if my spec is to be REMOTELY viable for pushing higher Lower Kara keys.

Again, you spammed shadowmend, without letting it falloff, and built up a high dot. The garrote damage wasn’t high enough to break the portion of the dot:

SM spam is generally not recommended like that. You should have used it a few times, then switched to other spells while you waited for the dot to fall off… But since you want to be rude and resort to tantruming and namecalling, what I’m trying to say is that you would know this if you supposedly knew how to play the spec correctly.

I don’t understand why you’re arguing with me? Spamming smend while someone is taking continuous high damage does NOT stack the dot up - the incoming damage is satisfying the damage taken requirement of shadowmend and the dot disappears. The fact that that did not happen means that this is bugged. Other disc priests have brought this up in the priest discord as well.

Pic related, in case you try to assert again that I don’t know how to play disc/don’t know how my spells work

https://imgur.com/a/77it4xE

That ranking is not because I’m insanely good at disc btw - it’s because disc is not being played much right now, which is why there’s not more noise about smend being broken on moroes/his adds. That said, I do know how my spells work, and I just want to say one more time that I have no idea why you are trying to tell me otherwise and claim that this very obvious bug is not a bug.

I’m not arguing with you, I’m educating you on the spell. As the dot gets higher and higher, from repeated applications of it, it will require more and more damage to break the dot early. Yes, the dot damage stacks if you spam it, otherwise, shadow mend would be the single most broken flash heal spell in the game (it’s almost 2x as powerful as all other flash heals). They aren’t going to let you cheat that by only making you pay the health cost on the first heal.

It’s possible that there could be a misinteraction with damage sources, but if this issue were as broken as you’re claiming, then there would be a lot more bug reports on the matter. However, based on the logs you linked, the dot appeared to be working as intentended, you just stacked it up faster than it could falloff or faster than the bleed’s dot could damage it off of the players, which I outlined in a previous post.

There are some situations that make certain spell functionalities, that you take for granted, painfully evident and this is likely one of those.