Shadowmeld

I was having the same issue. it seems to be inconsistent.
Sometimes it will take you out of combat after 5 seconds, sometimes immediately and sometime it won’t take you out of combat at all.
Tested this with no armor, no addons, no necklace and still inconsistent.
I am attempting to create a support ticket about the issue.

I’m seeing the exact same thing.

Tested it by:

1. Addons & WTF folders renamed to reset interface to rule out add-on issues.

2. Used garrison combat dummies to avoid having a dot / hot or anything on me that could interfere and nowhere near anything that can sense stealth.

3. Removed ALL clothing, trinkets, rings, necklace etc. A totally naked little elf to rule out azerite / essences / item procs.

4. Cast a few wraths (or slapped the dummy, no dots on target, no hots on me)

5. Shadowmeld

Around 50% of the time combat was dropped immediately and I was able to prowl, fly etc. The other 50% combat was held for a further 5 seconds or longer.

Seems random. Each time I did the EXACT same thing but had varying results. This has happened since the prepatch, but yesterday I had enough and decided to test it and it’s definitely not working consistently.

It’s not just you guys. They busted Vanish again also, same thing happens. Sometimes you’re truly out of combat, sometimes you’re not.

I was able to test some more and like others have said it is working about half the time. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or what but after more pvp, duels, etc. I have noticed it fails more often when fighting melee…not sure if others have noticed this or i’m just tripping but when I am fighting casters it seems to work a lot more frequently but when fighting melee I am not taken out of combat…even when out of their range…wondering if that has anything to do with it. Maybe others can test that out and see if they notice the same.