Shadowlands worst expansion to date

There’s just not enough meaningful content. Four super short levelling zones then one quest chain per character upon hitting max level. One raid and a handful of dungeons. No new BGs. No new races. No new classes. The ‘main city’ is an airport lobby + food court.

Imagine if WOTLK or BC launched like this.

25 Likes

We at least got Allied races.

What are we going to get as an in-game feature that we don’t already have to carry over into the next expansion?

3 Likes

Even if I agreed that this was the worst so far, its still very early in the xp’s lifespan, so we can’t declare it yet.

For me, Cataclysm was the worst, this one isn’t that bad and annoying yet. It just feels… unfinished.

While Shadowlands has a lot of issues, it can never compare to the dumpster fire that was WoD. People forget way too easily just how little there was to do in that expansion over the course of two years.

That said, it is a letdown after BfA, which was already a very bad expansion, and two bad expansions in a row is not a good sign at all for the game. At least WoD was sandwiched between two solid expansions.

6 Likes

far more than that…

The systems on shadowlands in general are still awful… the side content that people is supposed to do right now while waiting for 9.1 it’s some insane almost inhuman grind or timegated event.

The covenant unbalance is something that they wont be able to fix unless yeah they do what they have to.

5 Likes

Yeah, that actually concerns me quite a bit. B for A felt very disappointing after Legion and I wasn’t sure I cared I kept playing. And now Shadowlands feels even more disappointing, so far :frowning:

6 Likes

I despised BfA, but I hate Shadowlands more.

-My covenant is not my character.
-Zones are meh.
-No non-covenant factions to enjoy.
-Oribos.

PvP is faster at least, even if it is unbalanced. And class design feels markedly better than BfA.

12 Likes

In what world is Legion solid?

10 Likes

100% agree.

4 Likes

Not a fan of the covenants (so happy my hoard warlocks best option are fae so my cosmetics make me look like a giant fairy.) I havent had to many issues with Anima like everyone else but then again I have only used it to upgrade my covenant and soulshapes. Torghast is terrible, do the weekly run for ash then never go back til next week. The dungeons seem underwhelming, and the raid is all over the place.

Because women like it lol

1 Like

agree that BfA was the trashcan worst xpac of all time

legion not much better

slands is better in a lot of ways but the timegating and extremely low drop rates is turning it into a slog

all of these new Ion B team diablo dev team borrowed power xpacs completely suck compared to the peak of wow that ran through MoP

12 Likes

Still to early to call it, but I had way more fun in BfA. I don’t even wanna log into Shadowlands. I played all through BfA and never got bored with it. The best thing about Shadowlands is that it has given me a chance to play some other games I’ve had on the back burner for a while instead.

12 Likes

If you think shadowlands is bad, you probably just need a long break from WoW. This has easily been the best expansion since Wrath.

Shadowlands is nothing but a shell of an expansion. We had more people quit in the two guilds I am in than any other expansion once it started.

21 Likes

I was unaware Shadowlands was already over.

I can say that, Sl is a garbage dumpster fire and I’m not trolling for what its worth.

23 Likes

Bfa had better first months of release. Right now sl is worse but it has time to improve. I would bet against that though but there’s always a chance. In classic even random people are nice. Some guy inspected me and gave me shoulders as I didnt have any equipped yet. Retail they would cut the shirt off my back to sell.

4 Likes

I am so glad someone else caught that too.

Bastion looks good, very nice art. Leveling though is utterly boring as bat proverbial given all the angel dudes just “look the same”.