Shadowlands was fun for me(maybe more late shadowlands)

I personally disagree with a lot of the negative feedback about covenants and conduits. Sure it would of been nice if these were easily accessible as they are now in early shadowlands. But i dont even think we have seen what the full potential of shadowlands is. I feel like a majority of the playerbase just goes off what the meta is, or fotm in pvp mainly. The ability to try different specs in a time where almost anything works ontop of choosing unique covenants and even conduits to an extent, mix that in with multiple classes on a team there just feels like there is more depth to it all. I just feel a lot wasnt touched by the playerbase in pvp. I played most of shadowlands as a pvp necro resto/ nf boomy even got every cov to 80 tried it all even m+ and raiding but mainly pvp even tanked in rbgs. and am just finally really realizing what they were trying to do here i think im really going to miss shadowlands personally… Might not be popular opinion
but i for the most part enjoyed shadowlands.

4 Likes

True it is always a shame that the end of an expansion always seems the funnest… i almost think i should hold out on dragonflight lol.

1 Like

I say the same thing about Legion and BfA too. Though I loved Legion throughout, it really came to life towards the end.

Why they don’t just let us have fun with the stuff straight away if beyond me.

Single worst thing about this game for me is the time-gating, and the systems connected to it.

1 Like

covenants were definitely tested, but as everyone expected, 1 always far outshone the others and created the meta, just like talents etc always do.

does DK rly have any choice at all in covenant? Ya they do i guess if they don’t mind losing the best spell in the game that also does 35% of their damage

2 Likes

Since Season 3 comes with free covenant 2 leggo and tier set bonus
Make the huge change to gameplay
It was so fun PVP and PVE content.

Sad season 3 was to short.
And Season 4 is a short season make me less motivated to grind again.

Season 3 and 4 is the best part of shadowland imo
Enjoy it while u can.

1 Like

The ability to freely swap was not possible the first half of the expansion. Conduits we’re a tedious and poorly designed system that left most PvP players no way to obtain them.

Legendary mats cost to much money, so making and creating multiples of these only appealed to players who were willing to run some form of GDKP or boosting service, or boost their gold with their IRL wallet via blizzard coins lol.

The biggest issue out of all of that however… they literally tuned PvP maybe once a season? The lack of consistent tuning, especially combined with all of the variables discussed about Shadowlands, made sure that something was always disgustingly broken for far longer then it should have been. This made for an extremely unenjoyable experience, as is currently evident with how overtuned Aff lock is post-buffs. There seems to be no retraction in the near future to address their heavy handed buffs, so like the rest of SL we just get to miserable once again with Aff lock for all of S4. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Don’t disagree with the tuning thing but the first two points kind of extreme.

People really forgot what MMOs were in the last couple years. Farming gold for legendary crafted pieces sounds very MMORPG to me. Heavy callous hides we’re 4k gold for a long time in s1 and still like 2k on my server for season 2. That’s one example of how I made a bunch of gold.

With the rampant bot problem WoW has and they make it even worse by linking the auction house then yes, now that everyone has their legendaries boosting is the only viable income.

But I 100% think gold should be important to cosmetics and a portion of player power. If it’s not then a huge portion of the game feels worthless and I think they should continue to find ways to fix the economy and make gold worthwhile to farm.

Conduits weren’t all that impossible either I think I had to do a +10 plaguefall and kill the final boss in Nathria. I just joined a guild and 10/10 it in a week it didn’t seem that impossible. Could’ve been better for sure but unobtainable pretty whack.

Idk everyone is down to grind Wrath but not down to do ANYTHING more than afk in Oribos till they can q with full BiS they got when the patch dropped and mailed it to them automatically

If you read nothing else - we talk about the older games more fondly but we ask the developers to more forward not backwards and complain that the current is boring. Hmm

2 Likes

You need to discover the world of vanilla transmog on the AH

Ya gold making wasnt really an issue once i learned how to make it. The height of my gold abilities came through progenitor farming in s3 when they were going for 10k not to mention you could make the same amount skinning in korthia with a 2x4 group if you spent 30mins to an hour. Idk gold making isnt that hard in this expac imo. Just a bit of research you could rake in doe. Not to mention you could do callings for 5-10k easy each week twice. I think during shadowlands s3 and s4 i didnt buy a single token and i think in s1 and 2 maybe a max of 3? So ya whole expansion i bought 2-3 tokens and that was mainly during the beginning of covid.

Yeah my server is dead so I just perpetually repost pieces that never sell. I’ve sold two of the Halloween toys of which I farmed dozens aaaand it’s almost Halloween again

Everyone discounts this but man I crush my callings as soon as they pop.

Wish I could do something with my 1 billion grateful offerings tho

2 Likes

Suprisingly however ive come out on top against some pretty live lordy aff locks. Either as double dps or as heals dps. However this was in lower brackets 1400-1600. They do seem pretty op rn not going to lie each game we won felt like a mini boss fight lol.

I thought Shadowlands was pretty good actually - as someone who kinda just plays on/off the last ten years.

I’m someone who likes to just generally stay on the lower end of PvP and try out a bunch of different classes. A lot of classes had really smooth feeling playstyles, and ultimately I also enjoyed the pace of play.

I’d rather play in a super fast meta where you can catch someone not paying attention for a second and dust them opposed to a slower and more forgiving meta. Anytime there’s been generally slower metas in past Xpacs I practically played no arena at all.

So yes, agree. Having said that, ready for something new with the Xpac. I’m hoping evokers do busted damage so I can keyboard smash.

1 Like

People really forgot to ask.

3 Likes

I just don’t like MMOs man I hate this game and its management team and the only reason I play is that the gcd combat system and fluid netcode make PVP here feel better than they do in most other games. If I’d chosen a better game to get comfortable with 10 years ago I wouldn’t be here

5 Likes

The game seems best last patch when they cut all the bs.

Problem is then most of my friends also stop playing since they grind during earlier grindy af patches.

They need to tattoo "conduit energy"on the forehead of whoever came up with it so they can’t escape the infamy

3 Likes

I won’t forget I won’t forgive

We still can’t change conduits in the starting room. :sob:

Ok to be fair this would annoy me more and I’m not a fan of df trees being totally liquid like that. Too much complexity to have to juggle before every matchup

1 Like