Shadowlands Time Skip

:open_mouth:

The new Night Elf capital being an Ancient sounds pretty freaking dope.

2 Likes

I think the speculation is that there’d be a timeskip after shadowlands, when we’ve all been spending time in an afterlife dimension where time might flow differently.

The lake of foreverness turns murlocs into fish elves

1 Like

Wait …

Mythologically speaking, going to the Realm of the Dead generally has pretty heavy repercussions, but on occasion it can also have some benefits.

What if the story pitches the ‘Champion’ as becoming immortal after being exposed to Anima and the Shadowlands while still being one of the ‘living’, aka making us all Loa-like entities?

So Blizzard hand-waves the time-skip as “yeah you were there and you kept things mostly on-track but we’re not going to do a filler expansion.” because we literally outlived all the competition?

I wonder if by “time skip” it’s in the same vein as Cataclysm. Where when everyone logged out of the old world and logged back in there was a “skip” and everything was updated. Even though the passage of time, buildings being updated, battlegrounds, etc were supposedly progressing towards that point despite the static environment given that it’s an MMO.

I’d be interested in seeing Azeroth after a timeskip but I also know they will not update the old world. Since they wont update Azeroth I don’t see a point in a timeskip.