Shadowlands: The 9.1.5 Content Update is Now Live!

An impactful second visual theme at the expense of BE visual uniqueness.

The ear options and a tentacle toggle on hairstyles with tentacles iirc. What are you on about they only got hair colors? They got two passes one with core races and one just now.

Can we please switch covenants freely once we reach renown 80 once instead of having to grind it three more times? :upside_down_face:

18 weeks so it says on Wowhead.

That’s already in the patch notes:

Players who reach 80 Renown with any Covenant will be able to freely switch among any of the four Covenants without cooldown or restriction. In addition, cosmetic rewards that have been earned from a Covenant with which the player has reached 80 Renown may be used even if that character is currently a member of a different one. Both the Covenant switching and the use of cosmetic rewards will also apply to alts once the Renown threshold is reached on any character.

So basically, get to Renown 80 on at least one character, and from that point every character on your account will be able to swap covenants freely, regardless of renown level, and use all unlocked cosmetics. You’ll still have to get your renown levels up (although you can skip the first 40 with an item that they’re also adding in this patch, available once you reach Renown 80) but the main functionality of covenant swapping will be available.

2 Likes

I noticed there’s nothing about unlocking holiday clothes so they can be mogged anytime of the year. Prolly should add that into the patch notes as well. :wink:

I’m so confused :confounded:
Why so many ppl saying you need to regrind to 80 on them all to switch freely?
Maybe it’s this part. If that’s the case then it’s not so bad.

“content” lul sure

1 Like

If you’re 80 renown as kyrian, and swap to venthyr, buy the 40 renown starter pack, you still need to grind 40 renown to unlock your full soulbind tree and empowered conduits and stamina boosts perks is probably what they mean?

I’m confused by the mog thing now. If i unlocked full kyrian renown mog on a character thats 60 renown, does that mean i don’t have access to it now on my alts until i play that abandoned character again and get it to 80?! Thats dumb

1 Like

To get rid of all confusion.

You only need to get to renown 80 on a single character. That will unlock the ability to freely swap between covenants on all your characters, and it will allow you free use of all covenant cosmetics, regardless of your actual covenant choice.

If, however, you want a specific thing that you haven’t unlocked yet (so let’s say the cosmetic outfits that are unlocked by going through renown levels 40-80), and you haven’t gotten to that renown level on an alt, you’ll need to get your renown up that high to purchase the items.

2 Likes

Yeah, that might be it. In that case I don’t think it’s so bad.

I tried checking the mogs and stuff but it seems the achievement is not working on the PTR :upside_down_face:

Got it, thanks :smiley:

1 Like

So wait
patch is nov 2
but has no new content until December, so another month with no new content and no reason to log on wow beside raid? gg, this patch doesnt add anything new in terms of content.

2 Likes

Lack of class and leggo fixes/revamps is pathetic.

2 Likes

Guessed as much for Nov 2, think lots did.
I guess it’s ok.
Downer that MT is only like once in X months.

The few other things I’m whatever to in all honesty.

Blizzard didn’t read the two mega pvp threads from ptr or arena forum. Big sad.

5 Likes

Why are they so afraid of tuning specs???

Arms/BM/WW are still gonna be overturned.

Enhance/DKs/Locks & MW still left to rot?

WF/ AWC/ MDI are over
do some tuning before everyone leaves.

1 Like

very big changes :cow2: :cow:

So in review then, 9.1.5 is Finally launching on Nov 2. Included in launch are the following pieces of non-content:

• Swappable covenants** (after reaching 80 renown) – this should have never been an issue in my (and many others) opinion but either way, it isn’t new content
  • Removal of conduit energy – obviously not content, just the removal of a system that no one wanted/liked/used that also should have gone away long ago
  • Solo island expeditions – I guess it might be content-ish but, again, not new content. we just spent 2 years doing this constantly. and i think a lot of people would also tell you this should have been in since 9.0
  • Skippable maw intro – not content, should have been in place since 9.0
  • Some additional customization options – not game content. was promised to us at blizzcon and then retracted because “they didn’t have time”
apparently they do, they just didn’t want to follow through

The only content in this patch won’t even be released until at least a month after the patch release date and then will only be actually playable for 3 weeks out of the year!! How does this make any sense?? Also, I’m very interested to see how the mage tower plays out when people don’t have the borrowed powers that Blizz balanced their class around

So assuming you pay an average of $15 USD per month for this game, you purchased the base expansion for ~$50 + $105 in subscription for 9.0 and, assuming 9.2 launches in February (??), will have paid $90 for Korthia + Sanctum of domination and a mage tower event that will have been available for a grand total of 2 weeks in that amount of time. Maybe 9.0 was worth $155 – even with the system headaches and restrictions and alt-unfriendliness – but is Korthia, Sanctum, and only 2 weeks (!!!) of mage tower really worth another $90??

Am I off base here or do other people find this to be
ridiculous? insulting? asinine?

8 Likes

Happy to hear it.

ChrisP/Gotnov

You seem to be extremely upset about something. Judging by your comment, you didn’t realize that numerous game companies have released new games within the past few months, along with patches to those games. Some even have their own lawsuits they’re dealing with.

With WoW, the developers will stick as close to a two year schedule as possible. That means, we’re NOT getting a 9.3 content patch UNLESS they cut 9.2.5 short to accommodate, and from the pattern of content released, 9.2 will be the same content as 9.3, since 9.1 and 9.2 were probably cut down and merged into one patch.

Do you honestly think after the fiasco of WoD’s 6.2 being 434 days long, they’re going to replicate it? The pandemic and lawsuit are no excuses at this point.

7 Likes

Blizz should offer a 3 week sub just for november so people can come back for 9.1.5 before quitting again for endwalker. Nothing to lose and will gain a little bit more revenue.

1 Like