Shadowlands Solo Player Classes

I mainly play solo (all forms of content) and am debating which classes to main (1 horde 1 Ally).

I’m thinking a horde shaman. Resto main spec to find arena partners and PvE groups easier, while playing Ele or Enh for Torgast and other general solo content.

For ally I’m thinking DK or War to tank PvE content, and both seem to have solid DPS options for both PvP and solo content (is Fury still pretty self sufficient? Haven’t followed their changes much. This might be the deciding factor between these two).

I also really enjoy mage and rogue, however those both pigeon hole me into a DPS role which I find takes much longer to get in groups for stuff as. I like being able to log on, scan the LFG for 2 minutes, and have my pick of the litter :cat:

For those of you who mainly play solo, what class do you plan on playing and why?

I mainly play solo.

I plan on being a DH because I’m loving vengeance on the PTR and will be playing a monk second since BM is fun. Then a priest third if I have time.

1 Like

< since 2006

4 Likes

Isn’t the correct answer BM Hunter?

7 Likes

You must have missed the part about wanting to do PvP and PvE, not just soloing old dungeons :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Feral. Cough

What kind of solo pve content? Like open world quests?

I mean, druids are the best class in the aspect that they can fill any role. I usually suggest them to anyone wondering what class to play.

Otherwise, rogues are always a solid choice, at least… until you have to que for something.

1 Like

If you’re playing Solo it doesn’t really matter?

If you mean to say that it’s so bad that you can’t kill an elite by yourself in current content then i’m not sure what to say. Maybe roll a tank class.

d e m o n
h u n t e r

Anything these days can hold up for solo play. While I actually plan to be more active socially and make more friends during SL, I’ve always been a solo-type too. Honestly, anything will work. I’d recommend a hybrid spec so you’ve got the ability to fill roles and swap specs/playstyles when you find yourself getting a bit bored.
That said, as far as a straight up dps call, I’d recommend hunter and warlock for solo capabilities. From there, DH is also a fun call and very strong and straightforward.

2 Likes

(Demon) Hunter.
Basically anything with hunter in it’s name.

3 Likes

Because that’s all their good for, right? :roll_eyes:

DH for DPS and ability to tank, monk for all 3 specs …plus Monks look good in SL from what I see. Having said that however I am always gonna level my rogues and by the looks of Sub its looking good in SL …love me some sub

1 Like

My Alliance main is a druid and my Horde main is this demon hunter.

Warlock is a great solo class. Just spam summon void walker in any difficult pve scenario lmao

Your choices seem pretty solid if that’s what you like to play. If you want to PvP and PvE both DK and Warrior have solid PvP outlooks in SL, and most tank specs seems to be in a decent spot atm.

What about priest instead of shaman for the other? Shadow is looking amazing, and disc and holy both look to have several viable arena comps in SL.

But I usually main shaman so I won’t argue against it. :slight_smile:

Rogue. Stealth is the single greatest tool that could be in a solo player’s arsenal.

1 Like

Primaries will be Druid and DH before leveling the other 43 alts

1 Like

Demon Hunter, Hunter, and Warlock

2 Likes