Shadowlands Question

I’m curious with the level squish which i just found out about since i’ve not had much time to play or read about it. How is the damage once we go back to 50-60 is it like it used to be and our hp’s are slashed again like before? Are all stat’s getting squished again? I’m just curious about how our hero’s will be. i’m sorry if this was answered awhile ago as i said i’m just getting back into WoW.

Stats are reduced proportionately for both players and mobs. There will be a few mob with stats that are OP but they will be corrected as they are reported.

The intention of a squish is that it not affect game play.
Class changes will have a much greater impact upon class.spec performance.

The point of the squish was to bring down the insane numbers that multiple expansions with their corresponding additional 10 levels each created. So you won’t be seeing ppl do 40+k DPS in SL. The squish shouldn’t effect how quickly you can kill other players, or your relative DPS compared to theirs. Of course the squish brought unanticipated consequences so there is some PVE content that for certain levels gets exceptionally easy while i’m told there are some raids and mythic+ that are just not doable. Don’t know how much is due just to the loss of corruption. Random bgs seem almost entirely lop-sided with the changes though the reason is likely more nuanced than a simple post.

Programming wise there was a whole lot of code effected by the squish. The squish combined with all the other changes they made to the prepatch and well, things have just gotten weird lately.

Buckle up and call yourself an exterminator: HERE THERE BE BUGS!

1 Like