Shadowlands PvP is officially BFA 2.0

On this toon? No. On other toons? Yes. I post with this toon because it’s the one I play right now. For transmog farms, mount farms, stuff like that because current content isnt fun.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone is even that concerned with stat differences anymore. The gap has widened to the point where that isn’t even a concern.

It’s stuff like Getti, voodoo totem, claw, mecha bracers, tank trinkets, crucible gear, etc. that make PvE gear so absolutely over the top better compared to PvP gear. This kind of stuff used to be relatively rare.

Remember Deathbringers Will trinket from WotLK? I’d see maybe one every once in a while. Now look at Getti which is way stronger than that trinket was. I’m surprised if a 2h melee DOESN’T have one, and one that is heroic level quality or better at that.

7 Likes

As som1 that was 5.5k io in legion and top 5 for my classes and 2700 in 3s in bfa. Even timing 26s isn’t the same as hitting 2700. The people I played with who timed that 26 with me back in Legion are at best 1800 players in arena. Its a whole different beast.

13 Likes

I guess I’m talking more about the current season where corruption stats exist. Was doing rated rbgs for fun and cap yesterday and the raid leader was in disbelief that I had 64% vers base.

Much more than 2%. PvP was just as popular as raiding when it was good. https://i.imgur.com/1Th9Cds.png

From vanilla to legion you could be competitively geared solely through PvP. That changes in BfA and suddenly BfA’s way of doing things is correct?

36 Likes

Anyone that thinks PvP is a niche is just taking what General Discussion posters say as fact. There is no reason to believe that and the Holinka quotes prove it. Glad you posed that or I was going to look them up.

11 Likes

One thing to consider with your comparison of 2700 versus timing a 26, dungeons are always going to be the same, if you know the affixes, and you know the dungeon layout of mobs shortcuts boss fights etc, you can have the entire run planned out beforehand and the only thing stopping you is everyone doing their preplanned job without issue, is that easy? No, not saying it is at all. The difference between that and 2700 is that for some players, knowing the game plan ahead of time is easier, where they may struggle to react and plan on the fly against the best of the best players, some people cant perform under the pressure a high rating arena match brings but can absolutely perform a known dungeon to perfection. So while yes you argument is valid, its not the rule. Not all players are equal, some people are good with known variables, aka dungeons and raids, others are better at reacting and planning on the fly in the arena to beat another team of people trying to outmaneuver them.

6 Likes

I will like to have bash and typhoon and vortex and ns and natures grasp and stempeding roar baseline for boomys in shadowlands

1 Like

It sure does feel like the developers are attempting to force it to be a niche. I see comparatively fewer lfg posts compared to mythic+ throughout bfa.

1 Like

That’s because blizzard has knowingly and willfully killed off the pvp crowd, they know what they are doing, they dont care. The pvp community will never be what it once was, blizz pushed them away.

Factoid for you: the major decline in population and player happiness with the game started in wod (subs were declining beforehand but the comparison is a slow downhill versus a sheer cliff if you look at a sub count graph), the funny thing is, Ion had just taken control toward the end of Mop and had steered the game in his direction about the same time wow began hemorraghing subs.

10 Likes

Yeah I definitely agree they have damaged it through years of neglect. No gear incentives, no balancing, stale meta, and terrible cosmetic rewards have taken their toll.

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised that Horde from Tich with mediocre ratings trashes other people and says “thiS wOnT aFfEcT yOu”

The system is crap. Get over yourself. Warlord’s Trophies are another example of how garbage they are. 40 Quartermaster’s Bounties and all you get is one item AT THE LEVEL YOU’RE AT CURRENTLY lol

14 Likes

is it sad I cling on to hope when i read stuff like

* PvP Power was an internal experiment that was datamined.

So surely something PvP related happened during testing right?

…right?

3 Likes

looking at my rating and judging for starters ive played for cap and echoes only to this point and secondly the title says shadowlands not BFA. we all know BFA gearing is trash and noone has said otherwise. i said we havent tested any of the systems including the pvp vendor and how upgrading the gear will work in shadowlands. you are 2k with 600 games play calm down there guy

1 Like

I’m worried that pve gear is going to be better for pvp again. It could work, depending on how creative they get with the pvp gear, but it seems like a lot more work for them than adding a simple pvp stat.

4 Likes

“wE hAvEnT tEsTeD aNy oF tHe SyStEmS”

Just like all the people that said “Azerite will be fine! Yeah it’s about to launch but we haven’t seen it fully fleshed out!” Only took literally a major 8.1 patch to even begin to fix it. The system seems exactly the same as BFA’s. Criticism is warranted.

3 Likes

Rating has nothing to do with it, lol. Not to sure why you continue to be hung up on that. This is about how a game is played, the concept of it. Really pulling at strings here. :-1:t3:

Shadowlands PvP is definitely looking like it is going to be on par or worst than BfA.

You’ll have to meet all of the following criteria now:

1. Are you the right faction?
  2. Are you the right race?
  3. Are you the right class?
  4. Are you the right spec?
  5. Are you the right talents?
  6. Are you the right PvP talents?
  7. Are you geared?
  8. Are you the right covenant?
  9. Are you the right soul bind?
  10. Are you using the right conduits?
  11. Do you have all the legendaries?
  12. Are you the right profession?
  13. Do you have the right gems/enchants?

Okay, now we can play.

20 Likes

I wonder how one echo farms the easiest when they started PVPing again a month and a half ago?

I’ll give you a hint.

you going to keep overusing that meme. noone said azerite was fine in the beta. we all said it was bad. we said it wasnt good at its core, we said the traits were unbalanced, and we complained about how azerite was aquired and the giant performance gap of someone with good traits and people who were unlucky. try again

So glad I haven’t bought this piece of crap … Guess I’m taking a 2yrs break from WoW.

6 Likes