Shadowlands PvP Gear Update

Because they are not relevant to the discussion.
The discussion is about PvP gearing, not expansion mechanics.

At the end of the day , WoW is a RPG. I don’t know why some ppl expect not to do any of the story and still have access to competitive gear.

It’s one thing complaining about having to run repetitive dungeons … it’s another saying they don’t want to get cloak or neck ( ex BFA ) because that is PvE.

2 Likes

Will be worth to grind so much to get pvp gear? director n devs realy think mythic raiding is equal do 2400 rating?do a test, put some pvers with the initial SL gear from quests to reach 2400 rating, playing bgs for superior gear then arenas n rbgs for the epic.

how many time they will need? n put some pvprs to go dungeons n raid to get their end game gear,that is so much easier(data you devs already have from BFA).

REMOVE the damn rating levels for pvp gear , n make the honor/conquest requisit to get the gear easier…pvpers make their end game playing against each others n not through gear farm… stop comparing one thing (pvp) to another completely different (pve).

get rating on pvp is the objective n not the way, on pve you get your end game progression while get your gear n this pushes you forward. on pvp you get the gear n your skills should push your forward much more than your gear!

1 Like

I really don’t know since it hasn’t been released yet but here is my speculation and what I hope they are going to be doing.

The weekly vault rewards for pvp will be based on your rating, but anyone (regardless of rating) can upgrade the 190 gear you buy from the vendor to max. However, a higher rating allows you to gain more conquest which allows you to upgrade gear faster.

If it works out that way then matching up rating to mythic level would only really matter on the weekly vault reward.

1 Like

Honestly guys, this new PvP gearing system in SL is already 100 times better than what we have in BFA. I don’t get why we keep pushing, its already won.

There will NEVER be a point to when PvPing will give exclusive BIS PvP gear. Its an MMO RPG. WoW has made it very clear time and time again that the strongest players are those who excel in a wide range of activities. End of story.

That being said, the relation between PvE and PvP has been tremendously improved. BFA we needed 80% PVE gear. Hopefully in SL, the ratio is flipped and more like 20% PvE gear, 80% PvP gear. Awesome trade if you ask me.

Will players feel competitive and “viable” in PvP by only PvPing? Absolutely. Will they be able to get R1? Maybe not without some PvE. But you can get damn close and still enjoy yourself while playing.

I applaud Blizz in making these changes. They have catered to the community while sticking to their core concept around gearing in SL. Amazing job.

1 Like

I read this I think in Legion beta when someone was complaining about it being too close to prepatch release. Beta continues through prepatch until the actual launch. I do agree that it’s been crammed in though. Just pointing out they still have 6 weeks instead of 2-3.

The honor system may be a little better but the conquest gear is still in question. We don’t know how it fully works yet. Is it based on rating? What is the conquest acquisition rate? Will higher rated players skip upgrade levels or will they have an increased conquest acquisition rate?

1 Like

Have PvErs ever had to grind to 2,400 to get a BIS trinket or weapon? This is a one-way street.

Also PvP gearing gave BIS PvP gear in WoD, excluding that horrible one-shot ring.

Why settle for ‘this is vaguely good enough’ when WoD showed us Blizzard can make PvP gearing work.

Time is limited. Blizzard should be happy that players know what they like and what they don’t and make it easy to spend our time accordingly. I don’t know if I’d even go into the Shadowlands if I could get full BIS PvP gear from vendors in Org/SW.

4 Likes

This confirmed?

wrong my best dps trinket for pve is the insignia.
Plenty of people had their bis azerites from pvp too

1 Like

Never needed to do the MoP legendary cloak quest or WoD legendary ring quest to be competitive in PVP as you focused exclusively on PVP gear.

Corruptions, essences, visions and legendary cloak of BFA are all new things that PVP players were forced to do.

Right now it looks like the best path for gearing in the upcoming expansion is primarily PVP with some world questing to fill in the gaps. M+ as a bonus as well but not as bad as BFA.

Time will tell but it feels like honor gear rewards are too low and far inferior than even world quests in the systemlands. :thinking:

6 Likes

Yes but this is an RPG not CoD or Fortnite

1 Like

So if you want to gear for PvP, exclusively PvPing will get you around 90% of the way there with some incentive for cross-platform play existing. And we don’t have to feel gimped by a PvP-only secondary like resilience hamstringing us out in the open word or in the occasional dungeon.

We’ll see how it plays out but it looks pretty ideal to me on paper.

It seems to me that honor gear and upgrades are just intended to fill gaps as you progress via conquest first and foremost. I’m sure honor will remain infinitely grindable as well while m+ gear acquisition is being mostly relegated to the weekly box.

2 Likes

5.2 was horrendous with pve trinkets in MoP. It was the entire reason WW got its 3rd mastery going into 5.3, because of 1 trinket allowing WW to lay on hands every orb and one shot people while TEB was up.

So no only WoD was the only xpac that was ever exclusive to pvp being best for pvp

That is very minor compared to lets say Cata or WotLK with far stronger PVE trinkets. For the most part PVP gear due to PVP power dominated MoP scene.

WoD, MoP and WotLK all have their pros and cons when it comes to PVP gearing. Cata was alright as well.

I do agree WoD was my favorite as well. But you could still perform with PVE gear in WoD PVP whether world PVP or in instanced content.

5.2 trinkets were a bigger than cata and wrath. My example was just the most extreme one.

You were at a severe disadvantage because you were 15 ilvls below pvp gear and you got hit like a punk without trinket 2 set.

I don’t agree.

Cata and WotLK had stronger PVE trinkets and legendaries in PVP. The MoP legendary cloak was a non factor in PVP for the most part.

PVE gear was lower in PVP combat in WoD, but still had enough throughput to offset survivability lost. That is why WoD PVP gearing system was the best in that PVP gear was the best for PVP, but the best PVE gear was still valued.

2 Likes

Didn’t they downscale high ilevel PvE gear below conquest gear in WoD?

2 Likes

Not confirmed. Like I said, pure speculation and wishful thinking on my part.

Yeah that’s how I hope it will work too.

Do we have numbers though? Cause a 10% bonus night not be enough. Some of the pve trinkets this expansion took a 50% nerf and we’re still op af.

Like lots of classes this expansion were willing to sacrifice damage for insane tank trinkets so they never died.

So if pve trinkets aren’t nerfed and we only get a 10% bonus as our perk? I’m just saying don’t sing praise yet. I need to know more. It’s been a long 4+ years.

One thing that I still would like looked at is some sort of weapon bonus. Pve weapons frequently get some kind of nutty bonus as well. Seriously geti does more damage than full gush sometimes. Raden fist weapons for dhs faarrrr out pace other weapons. Stuff like that.

1 Like