Shadowlands progression and changing realms

I have yet to get a character to level 50 but I have been thinking of changing realms. If I was to get this current character to max level and create a new alt on a different realm would I have to do the BFA expansion first like I am currently doing or would I be able to level in the previous expansions?

Once you’ve unlocked it, it will carry though to any server (and both factions.) Probably more importantly, if you get far enough in BfA to unlock BfA world quests, that will also carry over to any other characters once they get to 50. They still have to complete “Uniting Kul Tiras” or “Uniting Zandalar” but they’ll get a version that you turn right back in without needing to do anything else.

If you level your first to 50 in BfA content, it’s likely that all you’ll need to do to get the initial world quest unlock done is the 3 foothold quests for the War Campaign, which is about 60-90 minutes of questing in total. Once shadowlands drops, it won’t really matter, but right now BfA is still the main end game content, and unlocking world quests is the first step to accessing that content.

2 Likes