Shadowlands not working on Hackintosh

I can get it to run on X.15.4 … But it throws an error on X.15.7 It runs poorly on X.15.4 and warns me that I should update for better video drivers. But that leads to a crash. My system is i7-8700K with a Radeon 5700XT. Anyone have any luck getting this to work?

On latest Catalina Hackintosh and prepatch and beta both run fine. Same video card as you, and 6700k i7. On latest opencore as well.

The issues you’re primarily going to run into are Apple’s very unpolished 5700XT drivers. There are numerous issues with that card currently in “real” Macs, which sadly will spill over into hackintoshville if you’re using the same card. Unfortunately, until AMD releases their new lineup next month and only then if Apple adopts any of those RDNA2 GPUs, the 5700XT is the best you can get in a hackintosh if you want to go past High Sierra. :frowning:

Any chance of seeing a copy of your EFI?

I’m not hackintoshing at the moment but when I did I ran 6700k/5700XT w/Catalina. This smells a lot like an outdated WhateverGreen kext or misconfigured plist, maaaybe outdated OpenCore/Clover (but that’s unlikely).

^ 10.15.7 actually fixed most of stuttering and freezing with 5700XT cards.

now 10.15.4 probably has a lot of problems

You want ot make sure you have latest lilu and whatevergreen. furthermore, if using clover, it’s time to abandon ship and switch to opencore. a lot of problems will be fixed just getting opencore running properly with properly setup and kexts and ssdts. I even got rid of all the “persistent enumeration failure” warnings on USB on every boot that clover caused but opencore doesn’t with USB patching methods.

I can send you my EFI but it wont do you much good. Also, if you’re using Opencore you need to follow the guide for Coffee Lake cpus (8th gen) my EFI wont help you as theres a different set of instructions. If you arent using Opencore, and are on Clover, you REALLY need to make the switch to OC if you want a real Mac experience.

OK…fixed! Turns out that my problem was having a Corsair Commander Pro controller for my fans! What tipped me off was not being able to update my Big Sur Beta. It warned that I needed to not be running off of battery power. Did a little research and ended up disabling the internal USB port in my BIOS. It still gets power…just not seen by the OS. Still have my RGB goodness! Anyhow…hope that helps someone out there!

I suspect I’m going to have to use my Corsair AX-1200i PSU as a “dumb” PSU instead of connecting its internal USB header to the mobo. Otherwise, OS X will throw a hissyfit most likely. Oh well, not like their iCUE software is stable or anything so I guess I’m not missing much.

I did not know that the Corsair PSU was an issue. The fan controller (commander pro) has the same usb name as a popular battery backup device. Mac OS confused the fan controller as a battery backup.

I’ll be using a front panel fan controller for all fans except the exhaust and the two CPU fans for the Noctua NH-D15 HS/F I have in my rig. That way I can ensure they’re always on and don’t remain idle long enough to become caked in cust. And I definitely need a controller since I will have a total of seven fans in the system (NF-A12x25 * 2, NF-A20, NF-A15, NF-A12 * 2, CM Megaflow 200).

I just don’t trust anything that has to do with iCUE due to all of the problem reports I’ve seen across virtually every game on the Windows side where iCUE is actually fully supported. Corsair makes great RAM, but lousy software.