Shadowlands: Maw Updates in Chains of Domination

How many blue posts does it take to get to the release of 9.1?

1 Like

Itā€™s never ā€œreadyā€. Thereā€™s always something that needs to be fixed. Even my boi Legion launched with no idea how M+ or AP would impact the way the way was played, resulting in one of the easiest tiers weā€™ve ever seen. I donā€™t think a single system Blizzard has ever released had contact with the players and wasnā€™t shown to need a fix one way or another, regardless of how much time theyā€™ve had. It never goes out in a beyond-sublime state.

Just release the content and be willing to iterate. Thatā€™s my opinion. Like, really, hell, you donā€™t even need to open the whole thing right away - let us start grinding our Soul Cinders June 29, progging the campaign, making friends with the new faction, and so on. Then you can open up PvP/M+/Raiding X number of weeks away that. Let us get a foothold, and then after that let us lay siege to the Jailer, do the Tomb of Sargeras thing.

Another little area too where the new raid entrance isā€¦ I dislike the maw so canā€™t say Iā€™m interested but seems like bareminimum stuff to keep some busy with the usual formulaic design aā€™la mechagon and other zones/areas.

1 Like

Your lack of communication with your community is destroying guilds. Why you guys canā€™t have a dev livestream going over everything like Yoshi-P does for FFXIV speaks volumes honestly. I donā€™t want to play FFXIV because WoW is the better game but it seems like you guys are trying to drive off people.

8 Likes

I agree with thisā€¦Iā€™m ok with mini content updates. The longer delays suck. Plus then they would not have to timegate, since itā€™s naturally timegated by staggered releases.

theyfor ppl jsut need to bite their tongue if they think its ready or not and jsut focus on actual feedback STOP WITH NUMBERS, if u donā€™t like another class focus on feedback of how they can IMPROVE the classes you LIKE because when you focus hate on something you donā€™t like they nerf it then the ppl who liked it get mad talking trash about the next and its a cycle that never ends, focus on stuff you like donā€™t ruin it for others, same thing with the constant chance of xp rates, if someone donā€™t like to lvl fast feedback about a system where you can choose to lvl slower just like heirloom gear it was created for bonus xpac, ppl complained about lvling faster while wearing it instead of just taking it off thus its now robbed of its purpose
an alternative could have been beefier stat heirlooms that decrease the ammonut of xp u get so if it was truely about stats well game on with more states but less xp vs less stats with more xp problem solved
ppl who are pvpers focus on worsening pve content for pvers and vise versa instead of jsut focusing on the subject they like and how it can be better instead they get jealous fits on how the other subject should get nerfed or be lesser

breaking down others to make themselves feel more superior just about sums up the loud players that blizz focuses their feedback on it seems vs
players who just want to have fun donā€™t give a heck about being 1% elitist and constant droughts and delays brought on by players who are nit picking to the miliseconds and demical points of dmg and tuning and using offsite simulators and addons telling them what to do instead of wiping all that off and just playing whats in front of their eyes

Iā€¦donā€™t know how thatā€™s relevant? Weā€™re just a Heroic raiding guild, we donā€™t push Mythic, so itā€™s kind of a shame that a Heroic level guild broke apart due to Blizzardā€™s failure.

I want to play with my friends, not the highest level guilds. Now Iā€™m not sure what to do as far as raiding goes, I dislike having to find new groups either way.

Wary or not, Blizzard is absolutely awful with communication, but even a tentative release date is better than radio silence. Or updates on how the patch is doing. Their PR is in dire need of improvement.

2 Likes

So in 9.1 we get to grind to remove the timegating that was imposed upon us. How funā€¦ very short article considering how long weā€™ve waited

5 Likes

Release date???

We are firmly past a June release now.
Things are looking a bit grim as far as 9.1 release date.
We are likely looking at a two patch expansion unless they really push 9.2/9.3 quick, relatively speaking.
I know 9.1 isnā€™t a SELFIE patch, but this is feeling a bit reminiscent of Warlords.
If not for M+ we would be firmly in the Raid or Die zone.
PvP gear only being at full power in PvP is even going back to Warlords style gear.

Why would they tease us with this nonsense?

1 Like

Yay Iā€™m ready.

1 Like

Donā€™t think weā€™ll be seeing the patch drop until after the 4th of July holiday week passes. Iā€™m thinking four more weeks of ā€˜developmentā€™ then a release announcement around mid-July.

Still on track for late July/early August release.

1 Like

July 12th is my prediction now.

1 Like

Ah cool.

Information everyone already knew from the patch notes.

But no release date.

1 Like

After July 4th holiday makes a lot of sense.

3 Likes

Also, if all four covenants are teaming up, then it sounds like a good time to . . . #pulltheripcord

3 Likes

Be excited that is almost summer time. yay!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

It does bug me that no matter how cool Shadowlands is, the length of this content drought may sour people on it retroactively. There are people who drum up fake criticisms for Warlords of Draenor just because there wasnā€™t enough rewarding non-raid content for a long enough period of time. WoD had a fun setting, great art, a strong leveling experience, and so on, but people act like it murdered their family just because of content schedule problems.

Weā€™re probably only getting 3 seasons this expansion; I just hope the final content patch is juicy enough to redeem the expansion and keep it from being hated - it would be a shame if the setting were completely thrown away like WoD was.

5 Likes

Lol, what a joke.

1 Like

ROFL is that real?

1 Like