Shadowlands Launch Test -- November 13

On Friday, November 13 at 11:00 a.m. PST (2:00 p.m. EST) in the Shadowlands Beta, we’re going to set the conditions for the Shadowlands launch and test the transition from Battle for Azeroth to Shadowlands. Please join us.

• The test will take place on the Shadowlands Beta realm Torghast.
  • Starting at 9:00 a.m. PST (12:00 Noon EST), the Torghast realm will be restarted and set to Battle For Azeroth conditions.
  • Before 11:00 a.m. PST, testers can copy of their character(s) over from their live realms.
  • At 11:00 a.m. PST, we will launch Shadowlands on Torghast.

Testers can play through the opening sequences and areas, and we’ll wrap it up two hours later. Please feel free to use the in-game Bug Report tool if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for joining us in this test!

16 Likes

Does this mean Torghast is going through another wipe? It doesn’t mention anything about current 60s copied over.

So , all tha characters on this server will be deleted, and we have to start again?

1 Like

Will invites be handled out temporarily during that time or not? considering you do need more data to handle a launch?

2 Likes

Restarted? What does that mean? We are leveling there, in Mald at lvl 55 now. Will we be wiped back to 50? Or will we be able to keep going after the two hours? Please help, don’t want to spend time leveling these next two nights for it all to be wiped on Friday. Thank You.

Yeah do that then make mongoose bite baseline for survival hunters at least for the love of goooooodddd

1 Like

Yeah it’s going to get wiped, but it’s okay you’ll be able to level up normally forever in like 12 days

6 Likes

As a guide writer losing access to the full renown characters will delay my work, so this is not about being unable to level. I would like to be able to finish my work before the expansion launch so i can enjoy it like everyone else :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They should only wipe the newly transferred 50’s. Leave toons already there alone. This is very frustrating to have invested this time only for it to be wiped.

1 Like

Might not be a bad idea to spin up another test realm for this. Not only so people still testing max level stuff and writing guides don’t have to start over if characters are wiped, but couldn’t some of the account wide stuff “contaminate” a launch test?

EG, if you want to stress test everyone going into Bastion at the same time, what happens if some people can skip it?

2 Likes

Still need beta access to do any of this.

3 Likes

Whatever result you come out of this with, please keep a buffer above that. The playing experience of the pre-patch event is absolutely terrible, and Shadowlands’ release will be even bigger than that.

5 Likes

With everyone in “The Maw”, I wonder if you’ll even be able to finish it in two hours. There will probably be a lot of lag and a general lack of mobs for quests. That will make it difficult.

Probably won’t even be able to click on Darion Morgraine in Stormwind and Orgrimmar since people will stand on the NPC with large mounts.

3 Likes

I was thinking this myself, we basically already showed them what launch is going to be like. They need to not repeat the experience two weeks later.

1 Like

Yes. All characters that are above level 50 or already in Shadowlands content will be unavailable for the duration of the test.

After the test concludes, those characters will be available on that realm again.

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to help test! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the response! See you there for the launch test :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d wager that your concerns are exactly why they are doing it. They want to check how things will handle a wave of folks coming into the Maw at the same time.

1 Like

possibly… Have to try and find some motivation to participate. Recent changes in the beta is removing that. Just visiting these forums to see if they pushed a new build today.

1 Like

Thanks for the information! I’ll be ready to help stress with my own stress during the stress so I can stress some more stress.

2 Likes