Shadowlands is a mess

I don’t know if I would call Ion a sociopath. Out of touch? Yes. Arrogant? He certainly comes across that way to me. Raid or die? Yes. Absolutely. But sociopath is a stretch. And personally I don’t think Ion is making ALL these decisions.

28 Likes

This is…honestly such a good description of him and Shadowlands.

Ion designs expansions like encounters; very database focused, everything is on a timed schedule, the results are all RNG, and he controls everything the players do.

26 Likes

I’m hoping they just cut Shadowlands short honestly.

64 Likes

We’ve been playing the same game for 6 years. The locations are different, but the systems are the same. Was fresh in Legion, now, we can see it and it just isn’t attractive.

22 Likes

I don’t know why the posters at the start of the thread decided to get political but whatever.

They’re doing some improvements in 9.1. Some people like it, some people don’t. I think it’s actually pretty good, but baffling that it wasn’t implemented in 9.0.

I know next to nothing on this topic so I won’t speak on it.

Balancing is an issue for sure. Obviously it’s pretty impossible to reach perfect balance. Covenants are incredibly annoying to at least me personally. I’m playing Kyrian but really wish I could use the Night Fae abilities from time to time. I personally think covenants being easily swappable would’ve actually just enhanced the gameplay of Shadowlands.

I wish I could tell you man. It’s a dumb system.

I still personally like Shadowlands. What I don’t like about it is this content drought and what feels like a constant war over the direction of the game with these questionable systems being released half-baked, and when people ask for its outright removal or QoL changes, we only get met halfway and end up with a weird and unsatisfying system.

I hope things change. I am of the belief that the reason for this content drought comes down to Blizz working on two patches at once internally to catch-up on their content cycle. Rather than having 5 months wait between patches, I think they’re working on 9.1 and 9.2 at the same time so we can get a more consistent content cycle from here on out.

We’ll just have to see though.

1 Like

How was it supposed to be?

1 Like

Honestly, I’d like to see the whole wow team go away and replaced with new blood. I have nothing against them personally, but their time has come. Writing is horrible, content is bad, everything is timegated, balance is horrible. Obviously, this comes down to bad leadership, bad budgets, and only a Skelton crew. Last time I heard there are only 2 class devs for all the classes. You see this when instead of publishing all the changes at once like they used too, they barely can get to 3-4 classes at a time, and it’s not alot of changes, it’s maybe 2-3 changes per class.
There is not much hope for the wow future.

36 Likes

Lmfao, yea the CCP has the stasi everywhere.

4 Likes

It could have been like horrific visions and rewarded something besides currency.

5 Likes

Ah, I see. I haven’t done horrific visions honestly because I didn’t like BFA. Is current torgast a lot different from the alpha/beta? I remember a lot of people liking torgast back then.

1 Like

Being able to solo your way into a legendary is pretty rewarding imo

3 Likes

People liked Torghast back then because it had very little restrictions like it does now, and also had a lot of potential. Current Torghast barely iterated on it and next to zero rewards were added, and then floors were divided into cell blocks.

3 Likes

Try not to cut yourself on that edge.

4 Likes

If social credit ever becomes a thing, its the MMO player neckbeards who will min-max their way to the oligarchy. Has there ever really been a system we haven’t broken?

2 Likes

Presumably because respecing does need to have some cost. Or did you forget if you kept respeccing in classic it would become prohibitively expensive?

1 Like

I didn’t forget classic respecs that capped out at 50 gold. I also didn’t forget dual-spec which was a huge QOL improvement.

3 Likes

Your guild thought 50g was prohibitively expensive?

2 Likes

Was it only 50g in classic? I started in wrath and very vividly remember it being 2,000g.

Yeah, i think it started at 1g, then 5, then increments of 5 up to 50g

heh it wasnt that bad so far.

my biggest gripe is that everything is based around vault RNG and it pisses ppl off when they work hard to get as much squares as possible unlocked only to end up picking up stygia anyways.

probably lost a lot of sane ppl with that crap.

5 Likes